• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Synchronizing Quickbooks between 2 computers

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm looking at getting a laptop so I can have our accountant help us get set up with QuickBooks. Does anybody synchronize files between two computers, and if so what do you use?

It's not something I'll be doing every day so I want to keep it simple. Will "briefcase" to do the job?

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'd prefer to do it "offline" if possible. How about if I'm connected to the same router, will I be able to do it that way somehow?

Thanks,

JB

Christian @ 2CT Media

Ok, I was asking only because in their new version they made some changes to file handling to "promote" the use of their new cloud version. These changes severely limits/hampers the multi - computer usage of the company file.

ProWraps

they have the online version. you can also just use log me in and log into one machine from the other. its a cheap but viable solution.

edit: sorry i didnt see you wanted to stay on the offline version. try log me in. i do it from home to my work computer for my quickbooks. i use the free version and it works great.

ProWraps

2ct, to do that method which you are suggesting, would you need two licenses or can you get away with one?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use one license... If you want to be logged in at the same time it's required to have multiple seats. We have it installed on 3 computers (Our Cyrious Server, our admins desktop, and his laptop). He syncs data from cyrious on the server, then opens the file on his desktop or laptop depending on where he is at. He also RDP'S in to any of those from his phone or tablet.

Vinylman

RDP is a Remote Desktop Application which I believe can be setup for either Mac or PC. check for it with a Google search. Hope that helps