• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Synergy Green wrapping Vinyl

Hi all,
I have a customer who has a white Peterbilt with the GM color synergy green painted fenders & fuel tanks. It is a cool color usually put on the new comaros. He wants vinyl graphics down the side of his truck that will match the synergy green paint. Has anyone seen or know if anyone even makes a vinyl that is similar to the color?

rjssigns

If the vinyl is not going over compound curves, rivets, style lines etc...I base/clear vinyl. Should be good to go on the sides of the Pete'.

CreatedDesigns

Why not just have the truck painted? Also depending on paint companies synergy green is a tricoat color. I would not want to paint vinyl sheets with a tricoat color then hope the heck it looked good when placed on the truck. No thank you. But if it can be mixed in BC/CC like in DuPont it might not be that bad like RJ says

Thanks guys,
I actually am a painter for Peterbilt of Sioux Falls by trade. I have often thought about painting vinyl to get the exact color, but have never done it. It will be going over rivets on the truck. Can you paint over 3M's IJ180Cv3-10 vinyl?

Biker Scout

If you follow that link I showed, they actually do that. Pretty sure they add quite a bit of Bulldog Plasticizer to the paint before spraying the vinyl.

CreatedDesigns

Bulldog is an adhesion promoter that is sprayed on first then painted over. It is not mixed in with the paint. It would be neat to paint a large sheet then be able to cut out the graphics. But I don't think that it's doable. Maybe I'm wrong but to paint and clear vinyl then run it through the plotter kinda worries me. I guess that's why they make knifeless tape. Either way post some pics if the job is ever completed I would be happy to see the results.

Biker Scout

My bad, it was supposed to say Bulldog & Plasticizer. Need both to stick to flexible plastics including PVC. (Repainted lots of motorcycle plastic panels)

But you could paint vinyl with Kryon, the old formula back in the day.