• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Synhthetic ice for curling / possible to place vinyl on it ?

MBO_1

I have a customer asking to put coloured vinyl (shape of a circle with a dot) on synthetic ice panels.
Is it possible ? (see attached file)
a) in a way that the vinyl stays attached
b) and is not destroyed by skating on it ?

Attachments

• SyntheticIce.jpg
    SyntheticIce.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 160

MikePro

That stuff is UHMWPE/HDPE. any graphic that has any chance to stick to it in the first place, will change the surface texture from "ice" to eventual shredded plastic & goopy adhesive :)

you would need to put it under the top layer, like in real ice rinks.... they don't just slap stickers on the ice and play hockey, they paint the floor and freeze ice over the top of the graphic.

also, the white panels might be too opaque to see a 2nd surface application BUT any plastic that comes in white, usually comes in a .....clear? if so, you could suggest laying clear synthetic ice over the top of whatever you want and fill the rest with a white background.

Billct2

I would doubt it...and they don't wear skates but it still probably wouldn't work. I would look at some suppliers of synthetic ice surfaces and see if they even offer graphics.