• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Syringe Pull/Tubing Question

OneUpTenn

I am not able to pull ink through the waste lines at all. I took the machine apart and I am quite sure that I had two problems

1-The hose (blue arrow) had come loose from the cap so ink is everywhere inside the machine....although it doesnt look like it is on "moving parts" just on flat surfaces.

2- Almost all my hoses were clogged with tar-like ink clumps. I have cleaned every hose except the two with the yellow arrows only because I am afraid I will not get them back on like they were. These look difficult.

So my question is this...has anyone ever removed these two hoses and are they really difficult to get back in? and is it even necessary to take these off?

Attachments

• printerpic.jpg
    printerpic.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 55

randya

Probably not necessary to remove.
You can put cleaning solution on the cap and let it work it's way through.

These are pretty easy.
Take pictures as you take apart.

sfr table hockey

Do you clean the wiper blade every time the printer wipes the heads. If not then the ink you see might be from the wiper. Things get real gunked up from the wiper if you just let it drip off.

The blue arrow tube may have had some waste ink in it that could not drain due to the line being plugged further down to the drain bottle and this is what also may have leaked out. The heads would not keep draining just because that line comes off.

Get some cleaning solution and a syringe and take that blue arrow hose off and attach to the syringe and force some cleaning solution through. You may be able to feel the tubing and feel the line crackle as you squeeze it. You also may be able to feel where the block is. Some times you can work the tube a bit and with the syringe force out the blockage. Do this on both lines.

The tubes that run through the pump are just that (tubes ) . There are two solid continuous tubes that runs through the pump. One for each line. So if you get a broken tube the pump will not work but you can just get some new tubing and open the pump and replace. It's a bit tricky but keep track of the order you remove things.

I'm sure a pile of people replace their pump when all you need is to re tube it. The pump just squeezes those rollers agains the tube to cause a draw and thus suck ink from the capping station. When ink dries and plugs the drain line it stops the suction and then the heads drop out as they can't draw anymore ink.