• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

T-Shirt Art - WIP

vid

Hi all -

I've been working with this layout and figure it's time to let it stew for a bit. I've got to fix a few things and add a boom to the back of the truck illustration. ...maybe tomorrow.

It's an Illustrator file built with 4 PMS spec colors, Black and White for screen printing color separations. The imprint area is roughly 16" x 15". The black (dark gray) ground is to represent the shirt color. I'm using the existing logo art and trying to make pretty.​

I'm kinda stumped on the blue background. It works for me, but Tony is a little more brash in his design sensibilities. If you have any ideas or examples that would help stab the eyes out, let me know. ...and if there's any other observations that would boost the layout, those are welcomed, too.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 101Wrecker.jpg
    101Wrecker.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 133

AUTO-FX

I think it looks great! The thing that strikes me though, is the Tony's logo being behind the truck. I know it makes sense from a perspective sense, but seems the truck is taking precedence over the logo. Unless you WANTED it that way...nice work Vid.

signswi

Conceptually works but the execution is a bit busy. Simplify it down a bit, the eye doesn't know where to look or rest. Get rid of the antenna for starters and some of the strokes on the logo text itself are a bit hard to read (especially the yellow on white on black).

neato

I think it looks nice. Remember guys, this is a t-shirt, not a sign! I would leave the detail you have. I think the strokes look good on the text. And definitely leave the logo behind the truck, that's where it should be.

I do think the background needs something. It looks like an 8 1/2 x 11 generic I like the design, but the rectangle shape just seems a little too generic for the layout. Maybe at least try roughening or distressing the edges a bit.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Others may see it differently.

vid

....but seems the truck is taking precedence over the logo. Unless you WANTED it that way...nice work Vid.

LOL... well?... The guy spent more on the truck than the logo. So I'm kinda favoring that as the most important part of the design.

Conceptually works but the execution is a bit busy. Simplify it down a bit, the eye doesn't know where to look or rest. Get rid of the antenna for starters and some of the strokes on the logo text itself are a bit hard to read (especially the yellow on white on black).

I guess the layout is kinda working the way I'm designing it. LOL. I'm trying to make it an eye bouncer. But, that's kinda where I'm stuck. I'm trying to dance between some sense of continuity and chaos on the other end. I purposely, didn't draw a black keyline and fill in the colors knowing that would get busy. (I figured a keyline would just add to the confusion.) I did --- mildly --- modify the logo to be more legible.

In a strange way, nothing in the layout is important. It just has to be there. What is important to the customer is color...and big. I'm trying to bundle the elements of confusion so it resembles legible... Sorry, I think weird

This is a "5 footer". One should be able to read it in line at the convenience store. But after that, it should be a vomit of color organized prettily --- if that makes sense. I think it's a Motorsports thing. Most customers I've had that want a picture of a vehicle on their shirt want big, detail, and colors... ... and then, can you make it bigger?

but the rectangle shape just seems a little too generic for the layout. Maybe at least try roughening or distressing the edges a bit.

Yeeeeeeeah... I saw that when I posted it. ...and I should know better than to put a rectangle on a shirt. They can get wobbly when pulled off the press...

Thanks for your input... and I agree with Deaton, too. :thumb: