• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

T-shirt help

inthesignbiz

Indexed color?
Please.
4 color will work fine and it doesn't need to be a printer that has an automatic.
Manual will do this artwork nicely.

diamondavenue

Really good design work. The real question is how many pieces are you looking to have done? 4cp jobs are more work to setup and that could make it cost prohibitive. Joe I noticed you said you didnt like the sublimation look, my guess is the printer used a 50/50 blend tee and that is the reason the colors didnt pop on the sublimated print. You really need to use poly for a true sublimation.

CanuckSigns

about a year ago there was a thread on here showing some shirts that were printed my a MM called "Killer Graphics" they turned out horrible, but in the thread another MM shop ended up doing the job and they turned out fantastic, similar style design to yours as well. I can't for the life of me find the thread now though.

iSign

about a year ago there was a thread on here showing some shirts that were printed my a MM called "Killer Graphics" they turned out horrible, but in the thread another MM shop ended up doing the job and they turned out fantastic, similar style design to yours as well. I can't for the life of me find the thread now though.

that happened twice as I recall... the first time was for a member named misty-sue I think

iSign

so the SOLUTION was Dennis... I thought so!

Finishline,
I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems you had with this job. Well, your problems are solved now. :thumb:
We just finished up your shirts and they are shipping tonight. They came out really nice too. Make sure and post some pics when you get them if you want to.
Thanks for choosing us to "fix" the problem. We'll do all we can do make sure you're happy with all of your orders.

Thanks to everyone else for all of the kind words. :U Rock:

WildWestDesigns

Same thing happens in embroidery as well. Main reason is people that just use the auto digitize (like live trace in Ai) function in their software and than go with it. It helps, but you also have to go in and tweak stitches here and there. Add some, delete some. You can have the same pattern turn out really well with someone that knows how to embroider that does the digitizing, but you can have it also turn out really crappy. Now some designs don't flat out work, but you would be surprised.

JR's

Joe that is sweeeeeet. Really good design work! cant wait to see some more of your work in signcraft. And i would summit that design to letterhead fonts for there gallery.

JR

vid

I have to admit, I've rarely seen a 4c process screen print job that didn't look cheap to me unless the printer custom mixed the four colors. And if it did look good off the press, the first wash usually killed it with fibrillation --- where the "hair" of the shirt breaks from the ink and makes it looked washed out.

Then too, I'd think there would be a compromise with the blues trying to get a balance between the chrome blue and an eye popper blue on the Mustang. Same with the red trying to get the Corvair red to keep from looking pastey and the Pontiac red fairly deep without a white.

This would be an awesome 8c.

White
Fluo Blue
Bright friggin' Yellow
My favorite custom mix Fluo bright friggin' Red
Deep Ford Racing Blue
Dark Black
Pinstripe Gold - maybe a mixed metallic
Highlight White

oooooooooooooo baby, that'd be sharp and print on any color T-shirt. What's your budget? and, and, 45 maaaaaaaaayybe a 55 line screen to get some good color. 220 mesh @ 25 Newtons. ...150 mesh on the pinstripe. buuuut I don't print anymore.

It's a minimum 5 color - 4c process with a crush white on light shirts. The white will be the most important separation to pull of a spectacular print!

The best contact that I remember in the business for that would be Coudray Graphics --- Outstunning separation work!

If you don't have time to explore other options or referrals from s101, Call them for a recommendation on how the art could be sep'd and a referral to a printer near you. NetSeps

Best

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
My knee jerk reaction was like Vids, 8 color... maybe even 10.

When I was the production monkey at a shop, we never expected the designer to do seps on a complicated job like this, but they payed for it.

If it's a small run, it gonna hurt. On a 4 color, it's not gonna have as much pop that an 8 color would.

Dennis at D&T Graphics does 4cp printing but I have not had them do any. Their spot color printing is top notch and I would definitly recommend them to anyone.

Edit: Great design Joe!

Joe Diaz

Wow you guys rock. So much information to go over. It's almost overwhelming.

A special thanks to those of you that PM'd me with the "leads" and I enjoyed the conversation I had with James.

I'll pass on some of this information to my customer. I feel much better about this now.

D&Tgraphics

Joe,
If you want to, send me over the file, along with the shirt color and quantity of shirts you will need and I'll have my screen guys take a look at it. We'll see if it's something we can do for you and if not we might know somebody to refer you to.

info at dandtgraphics dot com

screener24242

4CP? that would be an injustice to this design. A knowledgeable screen printer can bang this out in 8 -10 colors. Settling for nothing less.

I would slap the printer in the face who asked for a vectored design, they do not have a clue how to separate art -plain and simple.

Bigdawg

Just Me
4CP? that would be an injustice to this design. A knowledgeable screen printer can bang this out in 8 -10 colors. Settling for nothing less.

I would slap the printer in the face who asked for a vectored design, they do not have a clue how to separate art -plain and simple.

I agree - 4cp is not as vibrant as spot color... but I'll betchya there's a budget too. 8-10 color will double your printing price on the job. What kind of quantity are you talking Joe?

If money is no object - hell yeah - run it in spot color. But expect to pay for it. And if the client is probably expecting a price around the one he's already gotten from the other shop.... he'll be in for a pretty big sticker shock on a 8-10 color print.