• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

T140 keeps Looking for cropmark that is not there.

Tyler Durden

Im stumped and I figure this must be an easy fix.
My cutter was working fine last week when I was doing some small runs now I load a piece 30"x30" with 4 crop marks and it finds the first one just fine but then it gets stuck searching for a crop mark that it thinks is about 15" back from the first, where there is none.

I can't figure it out. I don't think I changed a thing, I even defaulted everything and updated firmware to try to fix. No matter what I load or how I load it (from caldera with barcode or straight from cutter) it keeps looking for the second crop mark 15" back on a 30" sheet. If I manually show it the back corner mark it will proceed to cut but then the cut is all stretched out like if it thinks the material is twice as big as the file.

Has anyone come across this? Not sure where to find a solution or setting?

FrankW

Your plotfile don't match the print.

The RIP-Software sends the estimated positions of the printed markers with the plotfile to the plotter, so regularly it is guaranteed that the plotter start searching for markers near or at the real position. If the plotter searches for markers at a totally wrong position or the plot is stretched when pointing the markers manually, the values sent by the plotfile (respectively written by the plotfile to the memory of the plotter) don't match the values of the printed markers.

I don't know how this could happen when retrieving the plotfile with OPOS Barcode what should assign the right plotjob automatically, but regularly this problem is NOT a plotter problem. I don't know caldera, but you should search at RIP-site.