• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Table & Bar Wraps???

SheelahB

Looking for suggestions on the right laminate for the following project...

I regularly get jobs "wrapping" restaurant tables and sometimes the bar as well. I have attached photos of the most recent work completed. For this one, we used 3M IJ3552C with 8508 laminate as this was suggested by one of our suppliers.

The issue we are experiencing is that the laminate is being damaged to easily. There are chairs (and other tables) being pushed against the edges and it just seems to tear on the slightest bump. Here are some specifications we require for said laminate:

Durable yet conformable, 4-5 mil maybe?, durable, UV/doesn't yellow, did I mention durable?

I am open to cast or calendared lam as I have another vinyl that's calendared, that I've had success using for this application.

Hoping to stay somewhere around $200.00-ish

Thank you, oh great and powerful threadz.

Table.jpg Bar Wrap.jpg

fozzie

For durability and long life you can use a textured polycarbonate lam like seal floor graphic or lexjet velvet polycarbonate. But tradeoff is they are thicker and not very conformable.

SheelahB

That is a great suggestion and would work perfect for permanent applications (and look great too). However, I forgot to mention that they are changed out periodically. Could be on for a year or more, or could be there for less than 4 months. All depends on what liquor they want to push at the moment.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If that is the case then do not fully wrap the tops. Stay about an inch and half in from the edge. Then it is flat only and will get a lot less damage at the edges. However you will then have drunk patrons picking at it instead....

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use ARLON 3590 or GF Armor 12mil. 3M just launched their new product and so far the test we did is awesome. It's 8512 and it's a 12mil high gloss very durable and flexible but I don't know if it would hold with a 90 degree bend.

We typically urethane coat the edges to prevent lifting.

Baz

After sticking the prints on the tables. How about covering the tops with clear Lexan. Would be easy to replace the prints afterwards. Initial cost is more but call it an "Advertising System" when you do your pitch.

Just an idea but keep the material back an inch from the edge and cover the entire table and bar tops with an acrylic sheet secured to the table tops. Wouldn't be cheap initially but it would prevent the wear and tear and it would be reusable.

I'm sure the acrylic would get scratched over time and that would have to be a consideration.

SheelahB

Thank you all, for all of your insight! I am checking out the different materials mentioned here to see what could work best for us. I'll update, what we end up using and how it works out :smile:

Stanton

Quit trying to fake it.

Use real materials.

WOW, right ?

Pretend your stuff needs to last 100 years.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Except that when someone tries to slide their glass over a couple of inches on the table and it falls over and spills...... PPF is very soft. On a table things are not going to easily slide on it.