• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tablet Users

sarge

i just got a wacom tablet and i was wondering what the do with the pen holder and mouse .. i keep moving the pen holder around to try to figure out the best place to keep it .. also the mouse .. i am still getting used to it .. really like it for free hand drawing and tracing .. i am sure i will get better with practice .. like an old native artist told me 20 years ago .. after ya do it 1000 times it starts to get easy .. so i was just wondering

tanks

SebastienL

I lost my pen holder and the mouse is somewhere in the bottom of a drawer...

I Am left handed so i got the tablet on left and I kept my regular mouse on the right. Just have to remember to keep the pen off the tablet when working with the mouse.

Once you get used to it, you won't be able to live without it!!
:toasting:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I rarely use the mouse that came with it. When I do use a mouse it's my logitech. The holder sits next to my keyboard and only use it when I am away for awhile. Otherwise it just lays next to the tablet, it won't roll away

synergy_jim

throw the mouse in the trash and put the pen holder in a drawer....

that mouse is junk.... besides, one you get used to the pen, you won't need a mouse any more.

Rodi

I have an old ArtZII and its got a great quill type of holder, but I just threw out the graphire pen holder useless. I liked the mouse.

jscarl

I just purchased a Bamboo Fun tablet from Best Buy. Have not tried it out yet. If you watch some of the tutorials on the net, they really look helpful. Look out this weekend.

sarge

i am really enjoying it so far .. but my work load just went crazy .. i hope to get more time with it .. i agree about the mouse .. i am going to put it away someplace .. i was going to tie some flies with my grandson .. now that i think about it i will make time for both .. tanks for the tips .. and the painter is the bomb

Replicator

You may want to hire one of your Illegals to hold the mouse and pen for you . . . !

Rumor has it they work real cheap here in the states !

sarge

Gee Rep you at it again .. you sure set a good example for merchant members on this forum .. makes people want to use you guys ..

Air Art Girl

Gee Rep you at it again .. you sure set a good example for merchant members on this forum .. makes people want to use you guys ..

You obviously have not been around here long enough to understand his sense of humor. And as far as "setting a good example"....don't even go there!

AKWD

Wait until the 10" Mac tablet comes out. ;) That'll smarten up Wacom ;)

I dream of the small and large Cintiq all the time -- But them I realize that the small Cintiq's price, I can have a nice tabletPC, and for the large Cintiq, I don't know how the heck I would rig the screen so that I didn't have my arm fall off from trying to use it all day.

My biggest challenge with the Intuos that I still struggle with is the hand-eye coordination. Something just can't make me draw on something NEXT to the object I'm viewing the drawing on, and the fact that it's on a different plane altogether (And yes, I've even been a dork and made a stand to hold my tablet up next to my screen - It helps, but see the note about the fatigue). :D

sarge

i have been practicing drawing lighthouses and castles without looking at the screen and looking .. i have the painter sketchpad but i am not using it .. i so far have found that drawing in CorelDRAW 4x is less trouble the sketchpad .. after using the traditional mouse for so long, freeing my my hand was a challenge and has been .. i am getting better at remembering not to achor my arm or wrist while using the pen .. i also can use the wireless mouse with my left hand without much trouble .. so far it is a blast to use and i can see saving a lot of time managing nodes, tracing objects .. what is really cool is my 10 year old grandson took right to it .. he is pretty good with CorelDRAW and Photo Paint .. i hope he continues to use it .. says he wants his own .. we will see how he does

sarge

as for the mouse and pen .. i have desided to go lefty on the mouse and righty on the pen .. the penwell is just above and centered on the wacom tablet and my mouse on the left .. i will go purchase a left handed lazer mouse later today .. i am kicking myself in the a$$ for not buying one before .. i have been looking at the Cintiq for awhile .. but i just cant figure out if it will work for me

blackicefx

Not to threadjack, but I just got offered a used intuit2 4x6 for $100. Is it worth it for such a small workspace or should I continue saving up for the cintiq?

Matthew
BlackIceFX