• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tablets... what are you using if you have one?

slappy

I don't know anything about them... but I'm looking to purchase one here soon. I think it may help me organize myself more cause I'm falling apart with with everything I'm trying to do and trying to remember to do.

So what is everyone using and does it work for you?

This is what i'd like to do, so i'm condersering the Samsung Note as I've always had good luck any other electronic I've got with that name on it. Sony, definitely out. I just think they are cheap and will never purchase a Sony product again after a cd player experience I had.

But this is what I'm thinking I'd like it for....

Use in the shop when doing vinyl so i have a photo layout reference

Take notes on or work orders

Read or download books

set reminders

I seen some where you can ring up customers... might be nice if i'm doing a show somewhere instead of manually swiping cards with the old knuckle buster c/c machine like i do

doesn't need constant internet access, i'd use free wi-fi if I'm around it and need it like starbucks

May I add I have no smart phone experience either, so i don't know exactly know what i'm getting into with this purchase.

:thankyou:

mopar691

I bought 2 when I sent my son to college, 1 for him and 1 for me. I used my android phone a lot so I figured this would be a nice addition.

Not so much, it sat almost all the time cause really it does nothing my phone does not already do. Ya it is bigger but it is also harder to take with you and if I need something bigger I grab a laptop. I actually just sold mine on Monday while it still had some value. Myself I saw no reason to keep it other than Angry Birds was easier to play on the bigger screen.

But you say you do not have a smart phone so this might be a good addition to you.

signgirl

I use iPad but I only see it used as a portfolio. I thought I'd use it more for business but find myself reaching for a pen and paper.
I will say though... Love my iPad!

Pat Whatley

I've got a 10" g-tablet that I thought I'd use for work. I tried to force myself to get in the habit of using it. I'd make myself take notes on it, I'd make myself copy layouts and price books to it, I'd make myself respond to emails from the field with it.

i eventually cut down a notebook to fit inside the tablet cover "just in case'. Then I realized all i was doing was carrying a chunk of electronics around and taking all my notes on the paper notepad. All the communication was being done on my phone.

My kids watch movies and play games on it now.

HulkSmash

I have a Google nexus 7, a note 2, and a Motorola zoom.

love the andriod. the ipad isn't that good, i've had 1 of those also.

David Wright

I do a lot of what you want to do on the Ipad but like Pat I find notebooks and paper work the best.
Onenote is one that works really well for me on to do lists and general notes. It syncs to my Nokia phone, Ipad, and Windows desktop.

slappy

wow... they are starting to sound more like an experience gameboy/ hand held dvd player/ digital photo frame now... and i have the last two already.

So, how many of you actually regret purchasing one then?

If you could do it all over again, would you have went with something different then what you originally got?

slappy

Dave, Onenote i tried that last year right before i switched harddrives and forgot all about it. I'll have to check that back out. I've been trying to use springpad at the moment... but you just make different notebooks for things, kinda a online organizer, which i have liked so far cause there is different features you can do in each note book

Colorado... you've managed to confuse me even more by bringing up 2 others i hadn't even looked at.... this is going to be worse then this past christmas trying to decide between the leappad and innotab...

Mosh

I have an IPad4, BUT I got all my three kids each the new Kindle Fires for Christmas...I wish I would have saved the cash on my Ipad and just got one of those. They do the same job for 1/4 the price....BTW I am sick of hearing about Mindcraft!!!!!

jayhawksigns

Nexus 7s here, rolled them out to every employee about a month ago. Cut down on paper waste a lot since our workflow is now paperless.

HulkSmash

i wouldn't get the motorola. The Google Nexus is the best tablet on the market, period. Followed by the Samsung tab

John Butto

You can't have one of those iPhone, Nexus, Samsung phones and the rest with your other stuff you do. You have to have separation. That is like having your wife and girlfriend living in the same house.

BALLPARK

Motorolla Zoom...

Don't know what I would do without it..lol.

* Invoices
* Proofs
* Custom Media Kits
* Project Work Flow / Overview Forms
* Email
* Web
* Video / Pictures
* Portfolio

I love being on the jobsite and checking / updating our project overview sheets with the tablet. Showing off our work in the gallery. Price list and media kits.

I am going to go hug my tablet now... Later.

CP Signs

I have the hp touchpad running in dual mode. WebOs and Android jellybean and use it all the time for work. I installed Team Viewer and can access my main pc anytime through it.

visual800

Ipad here, but not for work. I love it and now I hate my iphone cause its so small. i carry the ipad everywhere I go. Its great for trips and checking mail, facebook and even on here. I love that damn thing