• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tailgate Wrap layout

daenterpri

This is my first time doing a tailgate wrap that needs high resolution photos included in the graphic. The High resolution pics will be in the background, and will have text laid over the top. Do I do everything in Photoshop? Or do I bring the pics into Illustrator and do my work there?

Thanks!

Smacka

Which are you most comfortable working with? If you are doing wraps you should be equally proficient with both. Personally I would use PS.

daenterpri

Which are you most comfortable working with? If you are doing wraps you should be equally proficient with both. Personally I would use PS.

I'm equally proficient with both. However, I've never brought pics into Illustrator. I'll use Photoshop then. Thanks

J

john1

I would just use Photoshop if your working with mostly raster images.

MikePro

I always do my scaled drawings in illustrator to determine my canvas, take it over to photoshop to add my raster graphics for the background, and bring it back to illustrator to add my vectors and save for production.

but if you're only doing raster graphics, and you know your canvas size, then there's no need to bother with illustrator.

formanek

I always do my scaled drawings in illustrator to determine my canvas, take it over to photoshop to add my raster graphics for the background, and bring it back to illustrator to add my vectors and save for production.

but if you're only doing raster graphics, and you know your canvas size, then there's no need to bother with illustrator.
:goodpost:

daenterpri

In Photoshop, do I want to use a certain resolution? This being my first wrap in photoshop, I bumped it up to 300 pixels per inch to make sure it looks goo at that size. However, it's slow loading :)

signswi

I'd use Photoshop + Illustrator for generating art and combined / placed using InDesign for layout. It's a suite, not a bunch of individual programs.

boxerbay

PS for the raster images and then bring it into AI for all the text. I usually build the file at quarter scale and scale it up 400% on the rip. Since all my text is in AI it scales up with no loss of quality.

Unless your going to add a bevel/stroke/inner glow/outer glow/drop shadow to make your text look awful er I mean awesome. If you do then make sure your drop shadow is 15" away from the text so it looks like you seeing double. That always turns heads. j/k