• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Take a look please

tominjax

Hey people.....i need suggestions...

This is a 6 X 12' dimentional sign will do in HDU - unless suggestions from here change my mind....

id like to hear how people would price this also....no installation

Thanks

i will use cnc

Attachments

• CANTINO.jpg
    CANTINO.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
great introduction/first post...:rolleyes:

hdu is the material of choice for most who do dimensional work.

most of us do not throw out hard dollar pricing in the open forums.

are you or your client set on the layout as it is?

iSign

I think it would look better without the blue.
:biggrin:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would go for actual brick thickness around the "hole" but have a concrete grout effect between the rest of the bricks... maybe 1" HDU around the hole, built up to a 2" thickess at the borders, & at the hole. The black hole could be painted MDO, with 1" HDU lettering on it, which continues on behind the bricks, providing reinforcement.

astro8

You also want to fill in those halfbricks that are missing along the edges, as I'm not getting 'hole' instantly....I got 'smashed in brick wall'.

SignManiac

I think you need to rework the formatting of your lettering. It looks disjointed to me. The concept is good but it needs fine tuning.

tominjax

The blue is not part of the sign - That is a 3D rendering ISO view done in RHINO 3D

I am sorry about asking for pricing info on the forum if I upset anyone - I did not know how / where to ask and am new at this site.

perhaps I can be emailed any help ?

tominjax

The rendering is only a rough one to show depth and proof of concept. This is the design the client chose from a few...

Yes the missing bricks will be there...there will be grout, etc....

I will CNC cut this, hand texture the bricks, etc....

NO BLUE - haha !

tjsk101

My number one design rule - NEVER use all capital letters. People just don't read that way. It looks unnatural.

If you are serious about becoming a sign artist, start by studying "Mastering Layout: Mike Stevens on the Art of Eye Appeal." McLogan's Sign Supply carries it (search them on Google) as well as other outlets. There are other good design books, maybe others can chime in with their favorites, but Mike Stevens' work is a great place to start.

Patrick46

My number one design rule - NEVER use all capital letters. People just don't read that way. It looks unnatural.

If you are serious about becoming a sign artist, start by studying "Mastering Layout: Mike Stevens on the Art of Eye Appeal." McLogan's Sign Supply carries it (search them on Google) as well as other outlets. There are other good design books, maybe others can chime in with their favorites, but Mike Stevens' work is a great place to start.

x2

UFB Fabrication

We have a router that could do the job in HDU but at that size and material cost what I would suggest is bending up a aluminum pan for dimension. Attach flat cut out letters that are attached with screws from the back side. Prolly to late but thats my 2 cents.