• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

take-up unit adjustment on JV3-250sp

M@CK

I got a little problem with my tension bar on my 250, the strap that holds it are loose on one side and tight on the other, to my deduction, this causes uneven tension on the material that makes it sway from left to right (since my pinch rollers are clean), and it cause banding in the print.

Any help greatly appreciated.

M@CK

I get the same result (media swaying side to side) on both the light and heavy roll holders.
I once more tried cleaning my pinch rollers and the problem is still present.
I did find how to put more tension on the strap that holds the tension bar, it did not solve my problem :(

Thanks for the help.

bmw_ante

I get the same result (media swaying side to side) on both the light and heavy roll holders.
I once more tried cleaning my pinch rollers and the problem is still present.
I did find how to put more tension on the strap that holds the tension bar, it did not solve my problem :(

Thanks for the help.

Sorry that i cant explain good in english what i think your problem is,

You have to align the both sides of the rollholder, Slide them together and look if the metal cores is aligned with each-other ,if they are not the media will pull uneven
Same with the take up cores

M@CK

Thanks for the info my friend, I did check the alignment on the feed unit, I measured from the floor and from the machine all is good their ... I'm running out of ideas here ...
the media keeps swaying left to right ... :(

thanks for the help

bmw_ante

Okay you missunderstood me again, hmmm take off the media from the back of the machine , then slide the media holders together, both of them have a metal core (about 1cm in diameter) and theese must be aligned with each other

M@CK

yes but on 54" its not much, and thats when I see it the most.
How do you suggest I fix this ? buy new feed holders ?

bmw_ante

yes but on 54" its not much, and thats when I see it the most.
How do you suggest I fix this ? buy new feed holders ?
i Have never aligned jv3 media holders but only CJV30, No need for new holders,

Take a screwdriver and try aligning them