• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Take Your Dog for a Walk

Bannerday

Sorry to say, that my dog of 12 years Marshal McBanner died this morning.

I was running late this morning, so when I pulled up into the driveway next to my store my employee was across the street waiting for the light to change to head over to work. Not thinking I opened the gate of my van and Marshal got out as usual, but when he saw his buddy across the street he did what he never did, he tried to cross the street to say high to his co-worker. He didn't make it.

I'll never know why I opened that gate. I was in a hurry and I just wasn't thinking I guess but maybe it was just Marshal's time.

I usually took Marshal for a walk after work but last night I was late at work and had good intentions but when I hit the couch I said "I'll take you for a extra long walk tomorrow Marshal". That's not going to happen. So please, if you have a dog, could you take him on an extra long walk for Marshal, you won't regret it.

mortil

Sorry to hear. going out the door right now with my dog so i will take an extra long walk for Marshal.

hope it did go quick so he didnt need to suffer.

HulkSmash

holy crap. what a terrible situation. A companion for over 10 years just gone. I couldn't imagine losing my 1 year old pup. Hope you feel better soon!

Jillbeans

Maryann, I am sooo sorry.
I saw my dog get hit with a car and have never been the same since.
I, too, blamed myself for letting her out that day.
Just think that Marshal was excited to see a friend and he probably never even knew what happened to him.
You'll be in my thoughts, kid.
Love.....Jill

signrios

man that's sad, my cocker spaniel is laying right now under my desk, she gets crazy when we go out for a walk.
as soon as she hears vamonos!!! she gets pretty excited.

sorry for your loss.

Bannerday

Thank you everyone for your kindness. This has just been an awful day. I think I'm just numb. He was such a good dog.

TheSellOut

Very Sorry for your loss. It will be hard, but take that walk tonight anyway, Marshall will always be with you.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
So sorry to hear of your loss. Just last week we were told our 4 year old dog might die soon. Long story, but we believe that we were given an incorrect diagnosis. They are like our children

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A good dog never dies.
He always stays.
He walks besides you
on crisp autumn days
when frost is on the fields
and winter’s drawing near.
His head is within our hand
in his old way.
~ Mary Carolyn Davies

Mike F

My condolences. Had to put mine down last year cause he was suffering, had him since I was 6 or 7, almost 20 years. Still have my cat that I got a few years after him, but she's gettin up there as well.