• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Takeup reel moving to fast?

jr_t1t

I'm using a second hand EnduraLam/US Tech laminator. I've went through several rolls of lamination now so I think I have a decent hang of how the machine works, however I keep having an issue of the take-up reel for the lam backing taking up the backing too quickly. The problem occurs after running about 30-40 feet of material through it flawlessly, the point where the lamination/backing separates creeps up to the roller and then messes the lamination up. It always occurs when I get about the same amount of material on the take-up roll, if I clear the take-up reel of all the backing and re-spool the machine it works flawlessly again for about 30-40 feet before messing up again. Doesn't matter if I start with a full roll of lamination or a half used roll.

I've tried several different ways of spooling the machine, I've tried adjusting the tension knob on the take up reel to full tension as well as no tension and neither seems to make a difference. The only thing that seems to help temporarily is if I put my hand on the roll to keep it from rolling the material up for a little while until the separation point goes back down towards the nip. It's a huge inconvenience to constantly waste time and material re-spooling the machine...Any ideas?