• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Taking on larger jobs

ams

I think that ams must be referring to the contractor license B, which is for single projects worth 120k. Most of the contacts that we work for ask for at least a 2 million insurance policy.

Yes that is correct, we have a BSC Class B. Insurance doesn't matter, you just can't do any job over $120,000. We haven't gotten that big of a job yet, so that is why I haven't upgraded to a Class A yet. Don't need it until we get closer to needing it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How in the heck does that work ?? Liability has to do with more than just a sign worth $120 grand. What if you're on the job at someone's place of business and while you are installing a $90,000 job, the crane topples over (because you miscalculated), crashing the sign to the ground, but taking out 4 vehicles in the meantime and hurting a few pedestrians in the aftermath ?? How will $120,000 ever cover any of it ??

Christian @ 2CT Media

How in the heck does that work ?? Liability has to do with more than just a sign worth $120 grand. What if you're on the job at someone's place of business and while you are installing a $90,000 job, the crane topples over (because you miscalculated), crashing the sign to the ground, but taking out 4 vehicles in the meantime and hurting a few pedestrians in the aftermath ?? How will $120,000 ever cover any of it ??

He probably has a 1mil/2mil but is limited to a job scope of $120k or less.

reQ

Maybe its something different we are talking about? When i had to install few decals on the wall in WalMart, they asked me if i have 4 mil coverage. For a freaking decal install! So i don't know how it works in your state, but here in Saskatchewan, Canada, we would simply not get the job that way.

TimToad

True in a way, it may be more, because in the sign business nothing goes right. It's impossible for every job to be successful.

Really, this isn't brain surgery we're doing. I'd say that easily 95% of our jobs are completed without blinking an eye or the slightest hitch.

Marlene

Really, this isn't brain surgery we're doing. I'd say that easily 95% of our jobs are completed without blinking an eye or the slightest hitch.

agree. only when you are dealing with national companies does that percentage drop as often the specs don't match what they send you

ams

agree. only when you are dealing with national companies does that percentage drop as often the specs don't match what they send you

You don't know how true that statement is. Ever dealt with the Verizon contract? RUN! Over 20 stores we did, about 18 were screwed up due to locked out of building, wrong vinyl, sign didn't fit, PO's were the wrong amount, short changed on the invoices, unknown shipments and they didn't have the shipping number in their system, etc.

I have a huge pile of Verizon crap brand new in one of my back offices.

reQ

Yeah, would like to see it :) I don't do that big of a projects but still like to see other people's work :)

ams

Have ya had a chance to finish this and take pictures, yet ??

What job? the one with the crane? If so it's delayed until Monday. Main contractor is still trying to get some pieces manufactured. So I can post after Monday.