Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking too long to load some big files

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by graywoulf, Apr 4, 2011.

1. graywoulf

graywoulf Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Millers Creek, NC
    I have the latest version of Flexi Pro and I rely on it heavily in that I sometimes import a lot of graphics to work with. I try to use mainly .jpg files and of course .bmp files when necessary but I have a problem with Flexi always wanting to compress all of these files all of the time which I don't need these files compressed if it will save time in reloading an entire .fs file or when saving a file during a job or whenever. Is there a way around this or even a way to stop the compression of these files altogether? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this subject.

2. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

I'm having the same problem and i think i figured it out. I am using flexipro 8.1 on windows 7. I previously used XP and it was much faster, i mean seconds instead of 10's of minutes to open some large files.

I'm doing a zambonie wrap, which is a very large file, last time i worked this file it took me way too long to do the things i needed to because saving the file was 20 minutes or longer, as well as opening it. i went back to my old XP machine and found that the file would save as 74 MB on my xp machine would save as 1241MB on my windows 7 machine..... same version of flexi, same file, only diference was OS....

anyone else having these issues with flexi and windows 7???

3. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

UPDATE:

just found my problem, somehow under my edit>preferences>temporary files> was listed a folder on a network drive.

don't know how this happened, but files were saving at almost 17 times their normal size....

everything is back to normal..... oh well at least i got the XP 64 bit machine running at top speed again.... good back up computer anyways....