• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Taking too long to load some big files

graywoulf

I have the latest version of Flexi Pro and I rely on it heavily in that I sometimes import a lot of graphics to work with. I try to use mainly .jpg files and of course .bmp files when necessary but I have a problem with Flexi always wanting to compress all of these files all of the time which I don't need these files compressed if it will save time in reloading an entire .fs file or when saving a file during a job or whenever. Is there a way around this or even a way to stop the compression of these files altogether? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this subject.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I'm having the same problem and i think i figured it out. I am using flexipro 8.1 on windows 7. I previously used XP and it was much faster, i mean seconds instead of 10's of minutes to open some large files.

I'm doing a zambonie wrap, which is a very large file, last time i worked this file it took me way too long to do the things i needed to because saving the file was 20 minutes or longer, as well as opening it. i went back to my old XP machine and found that the file would save as 74 MB on my xp machine would save as 1241MB on my windows 7 machine..... same version of flexi, same file, only diference was OS....

anyone else having these issues with flexi and windows 7???

ddarlak

Go Bills!
UPDATE:

just found my problem, somehow under my edit>preferences>temporary files> was listed a folder on a network drive.

don't know how this happened, but files were saving at almost 17 times their normal size....

everything is back to normal..... oh well at least i got the XP 64 bit machine running at top speed again.... good back up computer anyways....