• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Talk about an @$! whooping!

parrott

For anybody that went to ISA I hope you witnessed the ass whooping Digitech handed out. While the other vendors were busy talking big speeds and not printing anything, Digitech was blowing through pallets of corrugated with their new print/cut system. Absolutely amazing. Shows how they are constantly thinking outside of the box and looking to give their customers that edge they need. So proud to say I am part of the Digitech family and look forward to seeing what they do next.

Side note: how weird is it that all these companies bring their equipment and set it up just to sit there. Show what your equipment does or are you embarrassed?!

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
It's always been that way, in every trade I have ever been in.
Like you say, there is always that "ONE" that stands out.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
If you want to see some serious tradeshow setups, go to conexpo in Vegas and stop by caterpillars display.
newsConExpoCat.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, you can print 120 boards an hour ?? Or 1,160 boards a day. Wish I had that kinda volume.

parrott

You will realistically get 90 boards an hour with loading and the auto unloader. My machine doesn’t have their 2 pass option so we are averaging between 50-60 boards an hour (real production).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, even at that number, are you actually keeping it busy that many hours a week ?? Is that a true flatbed or hybrid ??

parrott

Absolutely. Coming up on year 2 with our machine and have run it all day everyday at that speed. Trying to hire for a second shift at the moment and will eventually be adding a second machine.

The craziest part is we have not had one service call since owning this machine.

The real head turner is their new print/cut system will print and cut 60-90 boards an hour with one operator. These guys are so far ahead of everybody else.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
seems like it'd be a bunch of turning dollars to maintain that level of production. That is an impressive number but I wouldn't want to deal with the amount of staff that it would take to keep up those volumes or figure out what to do with all of that when the downturn comes. I don't envy anyone with these gigantic operations but to each their own.

parrott

I agree but it doesn’t take an army to operate this equipment. We have 8 total employees and that’s how I like it. Small family environment. We work hard, have fun and leave it at the door when we go home. Except today…we are working on a Saturday. Lol.

Drip Dry

I agree but it doesn’t take an army to operate this equipment. We have 8 total employees and that’s how I like it. Small family environment. We work hard, have fun and leave it at the door when we go home. Except today…we are working on a Saturday. Lol.
so, I'll ask, how much does a machine like that cost.
Does the number price out 98% of this board from ever owning one ?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Well done to Patric and the team at Digitec. That's an awesome pair of automation. That's at least 1 less operator needed to transport the stock over to finishing.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I pay $30.00/sheet for 4x8 UV printed 4mm coroplast signs. I order them from a wholesaler. They will drop ship if requested.

I would have to do over 100,000 4x8s a year to justify the expense of buying the machine, making room for it, material handling pallets of coroplast, and paying the staff needed to manage the operation. A machine like this may be a good investment for a high-volume wholesaler, but it would be a tough sell for a small local sign shop doing less than $1M a year.

I make a lot more money doing installation and maintenance. I would be over at the CAT display...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, ya live in the past, you reminisce about the past and ya don't move forward......... you'll just stay in the past.