• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Talk about "upping" your game...

Jeremiah

My statement was to add to the other comments for people who have not figured the catch to such a cheap disposable machine. A few years ago A woman did a comparison of a shirt that we did with same shirt same artwork to one that she did with her cricket vinyl material . She did not want to admit it. But it was obvious. Did the "Suzy Homemaker Oven " get reinvented ?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'm surprised where this thread went. Anyone that feels threatened by a stay at home mom with a cricut needs to reassess their business.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm surprised where this thread went. Anyone that feels threatened by a stay at home mom with a cricut needs to reassess their business.

Big doors swing on little hinges. Give it a few years and see what technology can do for (or against) an industry. Way back when, a stack of very nice resume' copies could only be obtained from a print shop. Ironically, the print industry was the first to be turned on its ear when the desktop publishing phenomena took the world by storm. In its infancy, the quality was marginal but look at it now. And as of late, desktop publishing has been eclipsed by totally electronic media. Only time will tell.

JB

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Big doors swing on little hinges. Give it a few years and see what technology can do for (or against) an industry. Way back when, a stack of very nice resume' copies could only be obtained from a print shop. Ironically, the print industry was the first to be turned on its ear when the desktop publishing phenomena took the world by storm. In its infancy, the quality was marginal but look at it now. And as of late, desktop publishing has been eclipsed by totally electronic media. Only time will tell.

JB
It's an old story. You have to anticipate and progress with the times. It's not the fault of technology that people fail to adapt and get left behind.

ikarasu

Speaking of plumbing. I just had a kitchen sink clog. 4 liters of draino.. nothing. went and bought a 25 FT ryobi snake... Snaked it... nothing.

Caved and called a plumber - He brought a snake... snaked it...said it must be something soft thats clogging it since he felt no resistance...and when the snake is in it drains, but as soon as he pulls the snake out it reclogs...so he believes something soft is resealign it. he snaked it 4-5 times... Turned on the sink and filled it up a lot and said hopefully the pressure along with 4-5 snaking is enough to dislodge it... which it did. $150 on tools later... all it took was a $200 plumber call to fix it :oops: Now I have a ryobi snake for future plumbing needs, but it still goes to show while an "Amateur" can do some things, they dont match a pro.

Sometimes having the right tools isnt the same as knowing how to use them. Let the cricut people have their machine... It takes more than a machine to know how to create a decal, and what material to use. It's a nifty toy... but its just that, A toy. the only people knocking on cricut users doors are the people who come into your shop asking for a single $5 decal... let the cricuters take them off your hands :D

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, it sure cuts down on overhead...... and real estate needed. Bet the insurance on that is real cheap, too.