• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tall Fonts..

Dentafrice

Probably a stupid question, but I guess people have different takes on it, I reckon' you could just get a "TALL" font... but..

What do you guys do in a situation where a customer wants a string of text say... 24" long... but wants it in like 2-3" tall letters...

Yet they want it in an Arial Black style font... yet when you go to cut, it's 24" long.. but yet 1" tall scaled...

How would you tackle this without grabbing it and distorting the font all to heck?

Any ideas..

- Mingle

Marlene

use a condensed font.

remind them that tall thin letters look like a bar code from just a little distance and defeats the purpose

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In ascending order of tallness: Impact, Compacta, or LHF Tallington.

Shovelhead

:signs101:

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 80

"Deposit Please"

Not a big fan of stretching text, you can stretch text slightly and get away with it, but overstretching looks rediculous, and on top of that, harder to read. You can play with tracking. I would maybe lay it out on 2 lines as opposed to just one, but it all depends on what it will read.

Shovelhead

SignDNA Big Red is one of the few that work when distorted....with minor tweaking of some strokes.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 101