• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tanning Studio

mander0104

I'm having to pick a font or two or 3 for a customer who is setting up some tanning beds in her travel agency. She's going to call it MILANA BANANA'S TANNING STUDIO. She wants to put it the writing in this sun (see attached foto), (the words TANNING STUDIO) below it. So...wondering...what font screams tanning studio. She says she wants it to be simple, clean & classy, nothing real fancy and busy. Any ideas.
I'm looking at the "beach" font as a possibilty?? Or maybe "broadway" for the words "tanning studio" but not sure of a good one to go w/ it.

Also....Re: Material & Hanging. They currently have a sign hanging from suction cups on the window (dont remember what the sign is of, but not important) and she was thinking of putting this sign there. I believe the existing sign is made of cintra. Would this be a good choice to use again. Hanging indoors, visible through a window?? Color of vinyl is going to be "metallic nutmeg" kind of a bronzie/brown color.

Attachments

• MARLIN TRAVEL - SUN.jpg
    MARLIN TRAVEL - SUN.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Geary

First off....putting the "writing in the sun" won't work. It's graphically confusing. Too much visual competition would be the culprit.

Show us what you've been able to put together...maybe you'll get more "help". :thumb:

~Gear

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I learned a long time ago, not to question customer’s thinking. It’s none of my business what they say [as long as it’s legal] or what its hidden meaning might be. My job is to get the signs made. Get paid. And get out. :rolleyes:

I agree, the background might be a little too-o-o busy. Perhaps if you subdued the coloring quite a bit and made it the background and just layered the copy over top it would work better.

onesource

After wording you can cut the sun in half and place it atop the wording and it wont be that bad but not around the wording. Geary is right on about being busy.

Jillbeans

Not much you can do with this one...I would have put the text above the icky sun picture. But there's no way that color of lettering will show up.
This is the most I can polish this turd.
:wink:
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 128

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looking at Jill's picture..... I just noticed.... why are you using that picture anyway.

:Oops: Have you got the rights to it ??

mander0104

Ok...maybe i need to clarify re: the foto, she's not using that blob in the background of the sun. She turned the sun so the writing can start at a better place, however i agree it can be confusing. Looks like a neat idea though. I'm not good at this design stuff, i just like to do what the customers want.
Re: setting up a tanning bed in the travel agency, don't you think that's a good idea?? Many Many ppl tan for a few sessions before going on holidays so they dont fry there. I would recommend it (although i havent been anywhere). We just dont get the heat here....it's...Alberta! So...i think it's a good idea, especially if she has good rates.
So ya...anywho...I havent come up with a layout yet just looking for the fonts first!