• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bug Tapatalk problems

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Anyone else having trouble with S101 using tapatalk? I've had trouble the last several days. I cannot connect at all now. My research is pointing to S101 being the source of the problem.

Hurd's Words

Same here. In my search to see what the problem may be, I ran across something for a different forum that they needed to upgrade a server side plugin for Tapatalk. Perhaps Signs101 needs to do the same?

Hurd's Words

If it helps this is what I get when I try to view a thread without logging in. When I try to log in I get the same thing only the file is get_config.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180723-071338.jpg
    Screenshot_20180723-071338.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 337

2B

mark me down also

using android OS, S7 device, when try to open the app all I get is the "loading circle" constantly spinning.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
I personally don't use Tapatalk and simply surf the forum via desktop or any other device. The theme is designed to be responsive for all types of resolutions and offers features that are not allowed in Tapatalk - so why use an app? That being said ... I can confirm that the Tapatalk plugin does indeed need to be upgraded and is on the to-do list as for the forum upgrade we'll be performing in a few days. Until then - I'll install Tapatalk, see if I can reproduce the errors that you guys have gotten and ultimately fix any issues with the plugin.

We'll appreciate your patience as we look into a fix for the issues.
Thanks,

SignsSupport

EDIT:
Have any of you experiencing the issue recently upgraded your Tapatalk app?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I have an Android phone, Oreo version. The Tapatalk app is much friendlier to scroll through the forums with as opposed to using the browser. Browser works great on the PC, but not for the phone IMO.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I personally don't use Tapatalk and simply surf the forum via desktop or any other device. The theme is designed to be responsive for all types of resolutions and offers features that are not allowed in Tapatalk - so why use an app? That being said ... I can confirm that the Tapatalk plugin does indeed need to be upgraded and is on the to-do list as for the forum upgrade we'll be performing in a few days. Until then - I'll install Tapatalk, see if I can reproduce the errors that you guys have gotten and ultimately fix any issues with the plugin.

We'll appreciate your patience as we look into a fix for the issues.
Thanks,

SignsSupport

EDIT:
Have any of you experiencing the issue recently upgraded your Tapatalk app?

Why is it now when I click the Signs101 logo or log on to the homepage... it sends me to the main list of all the fourm categories..instead of the "recent posts" feed?

SignsSupport

I have an Android phone, Oreo version. The Tapatalk app is much friendlier to scroll through the forums with as opposed to using the browser. Browser works great on the PC, but not for the phone IMO.
Well - that is a matter of opinion.

The vast majority of Signs101 members that I've heard from do not have any issues with using the site on their phones, tablets and other devices.
The Tapatalk app offers a "watered-down" version of the site; It sorta simplifies the functionality. But at the same time - it doesn't offer the robust featureset that browsing the site via an actual web browser offers.

It's nice to have options just the same though.
We'll be upgrading the forum in the next several days. The mobile browsing experience will be improved.

Why is it now when I click the Signs101 logo or log on to the homepage... it sends me to the main list of all the fourm categories..instead of the "recent posts" feed?
I'm not at all sure. But it seems the links were changed so that the actual homepage links to the articles mainpage at https://signs101.com/articles/ while the main https://signs101.com domain links to the main forum index.

I didn't personally make the change - so I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the change - except to consider that the main forum index propagating to the main domain url is better for SEO? IDK... I'll have a more concise update about your question a bit later Texas_Signmaker

SignsSupport

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well - that is a matter of opinion.

The vast majority of Signs101 members that I've heard from do not have any issues with using the site on their phones, tablets and other devices.
The Tapatalk app offers a "watered-down" version of the site; It sorta simplifies the functionality. But at the same time - it doesn't offer the robust featureset that browsing the site via an actual web browser offers.

It's nice to have options just the same though.
We'll be upgrading the forum in the next several days. The mobile browsing experience will be improved.

I'm not at all sure. But it seems the links were changed so that the actual homepage links to the articles mainpage at https://signs101.com/articles/ while the main https://signs101.com domain links to the main forum index.

I didn't personally make the change - so I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the change - except to consider that the main forum index propagating to the main domain url is better for SEO? IDK... I'll have a more concise update about your question a bit later Texas_Signmaker

SignsSupport

Thanks, I'm not a fan of it.

SignsSupport

As an update:
  1. The links have been changed back to their original structure Texas_Signmaker
  2. Still working to resolve the Tapatalk issue(s)

Thanks for your patience.

SignsSupport

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I've had issues connecting to other forums on Tapatalk as well, not just S101. It's intermittent.

WhatsYourSign?

Tapatalk stopped working for this forum for a few weeks ago. I thought it was just an issue with my phone but I just got a brand new phone and I'm still experiencing the same issue.

Has anybody else run into this problem? Is there any known fix?

SignsSupport

Tapatalk stopped working for this forum for a few weeks ago. I thought it was just an issue with my phone but I just got a brand new phone and I'm still experiencing the same issue.

Has anybody else run into this problem? Is there any known fix?
I've merged your thread into this previously posted thread.
And yes. It's a known issue. We're working to get all Tapatalk issues resolved.
Thanks,

SignsSupport