• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tape that sticks to UV ink?

eggnog316

Hey guys, we're making some corrugated boxes and we can't seem to find a decent tape that'll stick to the areas with UV ink. We've tried all kinds of packing tape, sealing tape, water-activated paper tape that we use for our un-printed shipping boxes, etc.

Everything just ends up peeling off really easily, especially if there's decent ink coverage.

Hoping someone here might have some solutions! Thank you!

eggnog316

Yep this. Leave glue areas unprinted.
Yessir that's what we do for the glue tabs for shipping boxes, but we also make RETT/REFT-style ecommerce shippers. I attached an example

So we have full coverage ink on the outside, and clients want to tape the front flap for shipping. They've been having issues getting it to stick.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 99

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Yessir that's what we do for the glue tabs for shipping boxes, but we also make RETT/REFT-style ecommerce shippers. I attached an example

So we have full coverage ink on the outside, and clients want to tape the front flap for shipping. They've been having issues getting it to stick.
Ahh now I see. So this is just to tape it shut. That's tough. So i just went and played with the two types of tape we have.
We have 3M 2" packing tape and it kinda sticks to UV ink on cardboard.
We also 3" packing tape from Veritiv called Tufflex. I'd say it sticks way better than the 3M version.
I'm not sure if it's quite as good as sticking to raw cardboard but I think it would get the job done.
V00268 CT SEALING TAPE 72MMX100M 2.1MIL VERITIV TUFFLEX AC210 ACRYLIC CLR 24/CS
I know you said you've tried a few different kinds. You could try this.

eggnog316

Ahh now I see. So this is just to tape it shut. That's tough. So i just went and played with the two types of tape we have.
We have 3M 2" packing tape and it kinda sticks to UV ink on cardboard.
We also 3" packing tape from Veritiv called Tufflex. I'd say it sticks way better than the 3M version.
I'm not sure if it's quite as good as sticking to raw cardboard but I think it would get the job done.
V00268 CT SEALING TAPE 72MMX100M 2.1MIL VERITIV TUFFLEX AC210 ACRYLIC CLR 24/CS
I know you said you've tried a few different kinds. You could try this.
Thanks Grizzly, I appreciate you testing it out on your stock!

Just emailed them about ordering a sample roll to test, hopefully that does the trick.