• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tattoo studio design

This is for a new tattoo studio. The design will be going on a 6' x 8' pan faced back lit sign. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks. :)

Attachments

• Sign layout 1.jpg
    Sign layout 1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 90

CP Signs

Nice design for a tattoo shop. The font used for tattoos & supplies is just not for me,,,,, try keeping it to 2 fonts. Like I said, the layout of the design I like.

neato

Looks nice!

Although I agree with CP Signs. I think since you already have a spurred font for the main copy, try a simpler font for your secondary.

Or, maybe use the same font but remove the spurs for the secondary, like the attached...

Attachments

• idea.jpg
    idea.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 73

visual800

I love the top font and I love the wings and scrolling as long as you keep the inking equipment black and white. I cannot stand to stomach the fonts used at bottom, they divide the whole design up and make it suck. find suitable replacement for these sir

Craig Sjoquist

I like the start very nice.

But agrees with Neato the font used for tattoos & supplies is awesome BUT since the copy is just what ya have 2 fonts is all ya should do plus add the striping & gray the custom joining the copy ..custom tattoos & supplies

Good looking logo & Image for a tattoo shop

Jillbeans

Neato's is much better.
I like how he brought in the pinstriping motif to the bottom of the sign to kind of balance things out.
I think the wings need some toughening up to look more tattoo like.
Maybe more simplified or primitive.
I agree about the font choices. It's not a good idea to have three decorative styles in the same layout.
You can bend the rules a little for a tattoo shop.
Love....Jill

Jillbeans

More tattoo outliney.
here's a quick-n-dirty suggestion.
If using clip art make sure your light sources match when you flip your tattoo gun.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 78
More tattoo outliney.
here's a quick-n-dirty suggestion.
If using clip art make sure your light sources match when you flip your tattoo gun.

Thanks for noticing that when I flipped the machines I failed to flip the light source. You pay attention to every detail and it shows, hence I always appreciate your feedback and help. I designed everything from the machines, to the wings, down to the ornamental flourishes. I tattooed for almost 20 years so I know the mechanics of the tattoo machine inside and out. I doubt you will find a clip art tattoo machine that accurately rendered. Most of the clip art tattoo machines I see look terrible. The only thing I didn't design, of course, was the lettering.

The wings I'm not entirely happy with. They don't have a lot going for them as far as being original and unique, but I think the style matches the way the tattoo machines are rendered so I'm happy enough. Thanks again for the suggestions. I will think about it more when I get back to this job. At the present moment the customer has seen my second rendering and is extremely happy with it, but I'm sure there is still some room to toy around with it more.