Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo studio design

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by jsmoritz2000, Oct 19, 2012.

1. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

This is for a new tattoo studio. The design will be going on a 6' x 8' pan faced back lit sign. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks. :)

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    Nice design for a tattoo shop. The font used for tattoos & supplies is just not for me,,,,, try keeping it to 2 fonts. Like I said, the layout of the design I like.

3. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Looks nice!

Although I agree with CP Signs. I think since you already have a spurred font for the main copy, try a simpler font for your secondary.

Or, maybe use the same font but remove the spurs for the secondary, like the attached...

Attached Files:

4. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I love the top font and I love the wings and scrolling as long as you keep the inking equipment black and white. I cannot stand to stomach the fonts used at bottom, they divide the whole design up and make it suck. find suitable replacement for these sir

5. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    I like the start very nice.

But agrees with Neato the font used for tattoos & supplies is awesome BUT since the copy is just what ya have 2 fonts is all ya should do plus add the striping & gray the custom joining the copy ..custom tattoos & supplies

Good looking logo & Image for a tattoo shop

6. jsmoritz2000

Here's another crack at it with the same font.

Attached Files:

7. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    I like that much better. Good job.

8. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Neato's is much better.
    I like how he brought in the pinstriping motif to the bottom of the sign to kind of balance things out.
    I think the wings need some toughening up to look more tattoo like.
    Maybe more simplified or primitive.
    I agree about the font choices. It's not a good idea to have three decorative styles in the same layout.
    You can bend the rules a little for a tattoo shop.
    Love....Jill

9. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Tribal maybe? That's usually a big style for tattoos.

10. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    More tattoo outliney.
    here's a quick-n-dirty suggestion.
    If using clip art make sure your light sources match when you flip your tattoo gun.

Attached Files:

11. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Nice logo!!! :thumb:

12. jsmoritz2000

Thanks for noticing that when I flipped the machines I failed to flip the light source. You pay attention to every detail and it shows, hence I always appreciate your feedback and help. I designed everything from the machines, to the wings, down to the ornamental flourishes. I tattooed for almost 20 years so I know the mechanics of the tattoo machine inside and out. I doubt you will find a clip art tattoo machine that accurately rendered. Most of the clip art tattoo machines I see look terrible. The only thing I didn't design, of course, was the lettering.

The wings I'm not entirely happy with. They don't have a lot going for them as far as being original and unique, but I think the style matches the way the tattoo machines are rendered so I'm happy enough. Thanks again for the suggestions. I will think about it more when I get back to this job. At the present moment the customer has seen my second rendering and is extremely happy with it, but I'm sure there is still some room to toy around with it more.

13. jsmoritz2000

Over. done.

IMO.

14. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN

I have no doubt. It's over done in embroidery as well, but it does look good for certain patterns.

15. sar bossier

sar bossier Very Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I like your latest rendering. Personally ...