• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tearing my hair out!!

Hi guys heres the problem. I had a siphoning issue couple of months back with the red yellow head on my sp 300v. Tech came drew ink through, replaced the pump and all good. Month or so later, I start getting a siphoning issue with the black cyan head. I decided to put four cleaning carts in and pulled off the dampers, drew through the claning fluid with a syringe. put them back on, did a heap of printing and the whole thing was flushed clear. I then put four new inks in and did a couple of powerful cleans. Now there was a problem with the black head spray pattern. A couple of nozzles looked to be blocked and it was leaving little spatters of black everywhere. I though I'd order in a new black head and get a tech to fit. ANyway I just decided to do another test a couple of days later and now there was no cyan or black at all. I'm assuming this must be the fuse. So a couple of days later I did another test print and now there is absolutely nothing at all printing and I did notice a smell coming from the machine like when something electrical goes. Any Ideas anyone?

ChiknNutz

How old is the machine? Have you ever replaced the capping stations? If it's older than a year, do it and all will be fine. I replace mine about every 6 mos. I see that you have a SP-300 so you need two of them, about $75 for the set. If the tech didn't suggest this...fire the dumbass. I'd be willing to bet that you've needlessly spent a lot of money on what is likely to be a very simple fix.

I have had the capping stations replaced after 12 months. The machine is around 18 months old. If you draw through the tube from the bottom of the caps with the heads seated, It'll pull ink through there so I have doubts it'd need new caps again. Although the way my luck has been anything is possible!!

Yeah I had the pump don six months after i bought it then recently that one was replaced. I can't see this one also being dodgy after a few weeks.

Dave L.

If you did not seat the dampers correctly on the nipple, It could be drawing air into the printhead instead of ink. Make sure that the black o-ring at the end of the ink tubes are flush with the damper connection.