Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help tech help recovering magenta lines

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by erikjem, Mar 28, 2019.

1. erikjem

erikjem New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    san diego
    dont have tech help to come , missing magenta both channels, already replace dampers , cap station , pump , tons of cleaning cicles etc .. any other idea.

printer mimaki jv33

thanks in advance

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    3rd party ink? If so the lines may be clogged from captops to pump and pump to puke bottle. Heads were also clogged to the point of not firing. Had that issue some years back when I tried 3rd party. Ink not only clogged the lines completely it made them brittle.
    Absolute mess and stupid expensive to fix.

3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    there's a lot to digest here, and hard to put thought into it with little information to work on.
    things worth noting in the OP:
    -when did the issue begin? and/or when were you last printing perfectly & nozzles firing at 100%?
    -what was the issue that prompted your initial "fix"?
    -what did you do to attempt to fix it?
    -what changed, for better or worse after your fix?
    -what's test print look like? what do your dampers look like? etc. etc.

chances are, if i'm guessing right based on most of these posts written in a frenzy, to which I can sympathize because I've done it too..... is that during your attempt to replace the dampers (most likely in hopes of improving some form of degrading print quality) & you may have ruined your printhead and/or the manifold that connects the damper to the printhead.

regardless, there's a dozen potential gremlins under the hood here:
    best-case, you're vapor-locked within the printhead or the ink lines.
    worst-case, you need a new printhead.
    but without the above questions answered, or pictures posted, its hard to make any suggestions that would most likely muddy the waters or send you on a path to further destruction :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. erikjem

erikjem New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    san diego
    actually im using mimaki ink bs4, we start missing magenta line from left side , but recovering with hard cleaning , then we lost , completely left side , both now is left and right side and we start missing now the cyan channel .im a the point to put printer in the trash can , been buying cables, pomp , everything except the expensive printhead .

5. MikePro

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i once thought i ruined my printhead while replacing dampers, but it turned out I had actually broken/cracked the manifold that connects the dampers to the printhead. hopefully that's your case.

If the ink system doesn't have a proper seal from ink cartridge>ink lines>damper>manifold>printhead>cappingstation>inkpump, you'll get ink channel dropouts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. erikjem

erikjem New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    san diego
    we found a trick with one magenta channel, we press the damper so we force ink into the head , this is the only way to get a bit of magenta , but only last a couple of prints .
    very weird,hopefully somebody can have some hint.

7. MikePro

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    sounds like your damper replacement either cracked the manifold or you've got air inside of the printhead that is vapor-locking the ink supply to it. Squeezing the damper is not a fix, and you will ruin the printhead the longer you keep running it this way.

also noted that replacing dampers won't restore nozzles in your printhead...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  8. erikjem

erikjem New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    san diego
    any idea how to fix it , besides having to replace printhead ???

9. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    i just bought 6 manifolds on amazon. got them in 2 days.
    $40

10. SameDay Signs

SameDay Signs Member

Oct 20, 2010
    tiffin ohio
    I had a similar problem and it was of all things the tubes underneath the cap station werent connecting which cause a little drop out to a co plate drop out of others and would come back after hard clean then fade away....no clue if that's it but giving ideas

11. erikjem

erikjem New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    san diego
    well , not luck yet , but now im having magenta ink spots on material... will try to check cap station today

thanks

12. erikjem

erikjem New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    san diego
    i took apart the printhead, clean manifold, this pic is what i got today , im happy because i think the problem is not in the head,

will keep cleaning

regards

Attached Files: