• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help tech help recovering magenta lines

erikjem

dont have tech help to come , missing magenta both channels, already replace dampers , cap station , pump , tons of cleaning cicles etc .. any other idea.

printer mimaki jv33

thanks in advance

rjssigns

3rd party ink? If so the lines may be clogged from captops to pump and pump to puke bottle. Heads were also clogged to the point of not firing. Had that issue some years back when I tried 3rd party. Ink not only clogged the lines completely it made them brittle.
Absolute mess and stupid expensive to fix.

MikePro

there's a lot to digest here, and hard to put thought into it with little information to work on.
things worth noting in the OP:
-when did the issue begin? and/or when were you last printing perfectly & nozzles firing at 100%?
-what was the issue that prompted your initial "fix"?
-what did you do to attempt to fix it?
-what changed, for better or worse after your fix?
-what's test print look like? what do your dampers look like? etc. etc.

chances are, if i'm guessing right based on most of these posts written in a frenzy, to which I can sympathize because I've done it too..... is that during your attempt to replace the dampers (most likely in hopes of improving some form of degrading print quality) & you may have ruined your printhead and/or the manifold that connects the damper to the printhead.

regardless, there's a dozen potential gremlins under the hood here:
best-case, you're vapor-locked within the printhead or the ink lines.
worst-case, you need a new printhead.
but without the above questions answered, or pictures posted, its hard to make any suggestions that would most likely muddy the waters or send you on a path to further destruction :)

erikjem

actually im using mimaki ink bs4, we start missing magenta line from left side , but recovering with hard cleaning , then we lost , completely left side , both now is left and right side and we start missing now the cyan channel .im a the point to put printer in the trash can , been buying cables, pomp , everything except the expensive printhead .

MikePro

i once thought i ruined my printhead while replacing dampers, but it turned out I had actually broken/cracked the manifold that connects the dampers to the printhead. hopefully that's your case.

If the ink system doesn't have a proper seal from ink cartridge>ink lines>damper>manifold>printhead>cappingstation>inkpump, you'll get ink channel dropouts.

erikjem

we found a trick with one magenta channel, we press the damper so we force ink into the head , this is the only way to get a bit of magenta , but only last a couple of prints .
very weird,hopefully somebody can have some hint.

MikePro

sounds like your damper replacement either cracked the manifold or you've got air inside of the printhead that is vapor-locking the ink supply to it. Squeezing the damper is not a fix, and you will ruin the printhead the longer you keep running it this way.

also noted that replacing dampers won't restore nozzles in your printhead...

Last edited:

SameDay Signs

I had a similar problem and it was of all things the tubes underneath the cap station werent connecting which cause a little drop out to a co plate drop out of others and would come back after hard clean then fade away....no clue if that's it but giving ideas

erikjem

I had a similar problem and it was of all things the tubes underneath the cap station werent connecting which cause a little drop out to a co plate drop out of others and would come back after hard clean then fade away....no clue if that's it but giving ideas

well , not luck yet , but now im having magenta ink spots on material... will try to check cap station today

thanks

erikjem

i took apart the printhead, clean manifold, this pic is what i got today , im happy because i think the problem is not in the head,

will keep cleaning

regards

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 1.20.36 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 1.20.36 PM (1).jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 232