Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical question about LEDs...

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Kottwitz-Graphics, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Kottwitz-Graphics

Kottwitz-Graphics Very Active Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Ridgely, MD
    Technical question about LEDs. I am working on an aluminum extrusion cabinet, with push through lit copy. I have to have a small reveal between 2 different parts, so I am going to have to put a brace behind the face from 1" square tube, so it can be hinged open for service. How close to the face can I be with those braces to avoid a shadow on the copy?

Tags:
  2. Rick Tennyson

Rick Tennyson Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Mid-South
    Any way to mount them on the face and let the light bounce off the back wall? If not, use the defusing lens leds that spreads the light out to the edges. You can mount this type of led light 2-3” without any hotspots. Good luck!

sorry, I misread the question, If you can use a round stock instead of square tubing, it can be 2-3”