• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Technology is a pain in my....

Pat Whatley

Am I the only person getting more and more "artwork" for logos sent via cell phone?

Just today I had a woman send me four logos she needs reproduced for sponsor signs by photographing the back of the event program and sending it.

Yesterday is was a customer who emailed me SEVEN pictures of fascia of her building. Photo after photo of tan DriVit...nothing in it at all I could use to scale it out from....and they were all about 1" high on screen.

I'm also getting too many people wanting me to "text" them instead of email them so they can see their layout on their phone. I have no idea how to do that which invariably leads to them asking me to photograph the screen with my cell phone and send it to them as an attachment.

Technology stinks.

Last edited:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Not a chance I'd go that far <she says now... check back in a couple years>. I'd tell them to use that fancy phone to look at my jpg attachment I sent via email instead.

People really ask you to text them their layouts???

joeshaul

I've gotten a few of em. I really hate cell phones for a variety of reasons, this being one of them. The only thing good is that in a few years the quality of their built in cameras will be borderline acceptable!

I've been getting an influx of "designs" made in Word recently too.

rfulford

I'm also getting too many people wanting me to "text" them instead of email them so they can see their layout on their phone. I have no idea how to do that which invariably leads to them asking me to photograph the screen with my cell phone and send it to them as an attachment.

I am not sure about other companies but I send texts to verizon customers by sending an email to their phone in this manner:

5555551212@vztext.com

replies come right back to my email.

Jillbeans

Never happens to me because I absolutely NEVER give customers my cell phone number.
I even use *67 if I have to call a customer from my cell phone.
Once I mean once I gave someone my cell phone number for scheduling purposes and she called me six months later when I was away on a trip.
I changed my phone number as soon as I got home.
Love....Jill

Sign_Boy

Am I the only person getting more and more "artwork" for logos send via cell phone?

Just today I had a woman send me four logos she needs reproduced for sponsor signs by photographing the back of the event program and sending it.

Yesterday is was a customer who emailed me SEVEN pictures of fascia of her building. Photo after photo of tan DriVit...nothing in it at all I could use to scale it out from....and they were all about 1" high on screen.

Technology stinks.

I'd tell them the pictures are too small and will not work due to low quality.

As for texting a proof.... Tell them you send proofs in only one format and a text will not support it.

If they ask you to photograph your screen tell them you have a CRT Monitor and it will not work due to banding issues.

If they ask why again tell them you can't adjust the shutter speed on you cell phones camera.

Pat Whatley

I'd tell them the pictures are too small and will not work due to low quality.
As for texting a proof.... Tell them you send proofs in only one format and a text will not support it.
If they ask you to photograph your screen tell them you have a CRT Monitor and it will not work due to banding issues.
If they ask why again tell them you can't adjust the shutter speed on you cell phones camera.

I just tell them NO and offer to email it.

Bruce, I don't open your text messages because they usually involve nudity, mayonnaise, and confederate battle flags.

mark in tx

I still can't get people to understand that a thumbnail jpeg from a website can't be used for a 4x8 banner.

I think I'm gonna get an iPad just to screw with people.

"I'm sorry, your email attachment doesn't work with a computer."

Mosh

How about people who look at they layout on their cell phone. The pic is so small they can't proof it. I have had a couple mistake go to print because of this. They still had to pay, they approved the design.