• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TeckWrap Chrome or Avery

amw

Longtime Members
Has anyone used TeckWrap economy chrome mirror vinyl?
We have a customer who wants blue chrome decals, they know they won't hold up a real long time. They hope for about 2 years.

We were going to use the blue chrome from Avery but that might be overkill for "jr high" sports decal.
Any suggestions?

Thank you!

jfiscus

Rap Master
For small cut vinyl decals we use VinylEFX Smooth Silver. If they want blue you can print on it with a thermal printer and get awesome effects. I assume you can also print on it with a regular printer, but have never tried. it lasts a good while.

amw

Longtime Members
Anyone who is wondering about this product here is what we found.
We just some basic lettering out of the blue chrome and placed it on the side of a van, within 2 months the blue color was gone and just a matte silver is left. I will add a picture when I have a chance to find it. Works fine for indoor stuff, still looks pretty good so far (same blue chrome indoors).

pjfmeister

We laminate the color chromes to get a longer life out of them...otherwise the color lifespan is very short lived

Zac

Mediocre Designer
For small cut vinyl decals we use VinylEFX Smooth Silver. If they want blue you can print on it with a thermal printer and get awesome effects. I assume you can also print on it with a regular printer, but have never tried. it lasts a good while.

Fwiw, I have printed on white reflective (Oracal 5500) (Got tired of the slow Gerber Edge) and it comes out beautiful, with every color appearing reflective. I'll have to try the chrome now!

Great idea on the laminating, I'm sure the price still comes out cheaper than a lot of the higher end chromes.