• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tee shirt artwork

High Octane

New design for a metal band....they wanted the baby and the needle thing....just looking for a little critique...Gonna go on tee shirts

Attachments

• ci band.jpg
    ci band.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 160

Shovelhead

Based on the typeface I would be led to believe that this is not a serious metal band, like Gwar....it's too hokey and cartoonish!
Well beyond legible but it's a trend.

Attachments

• Black_Metal_Logos_by_krios3.jpg
    Black_Metal_Logos_by_krios3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 109

High Octane

That he is...for the most part...anyway I do agree with you Shovel...but these guys said they wanted the Blood Of Dracula font and I kinda just went with something similar to that font as I liked the flow better....but your right the font is not very metal....more goofy zombie..

omgsideburns

That he is...for the most part...anyway I do agree with you Shovel...but these guys said they wanted the Blood Of Dracula font and I kinda just went with something similar to that font as I liked the flow better....but your right the font is not very metal....more goofy zombie..

yeah i figured that's what you were going for.. reminds me of this Gwar magnet I have on my fridge that says something like "Now with more AIDS" or something.

gnatt66

wicked nice!...

oh and GWAR shows are a hoot. just wear a t-shirt you dont mind getting wrecked...

Doyle

Very nice work as usual! On a related note, when you print these shirts will you use an opaque red ink - 2 passes or will you print the red atop of a white underbase? Just curious, I am still learning silkscreening (after 2 years of messing around with it).

High Octane

We use a lot of opaque red....but most of this will have a white underbase....the opaque red is more of an orangey color than a true 185c type red....here I'm looking for a nice bright red. part of the red here is underbased except where the red turns to a burgundy color...in those spots I will print just a half tone of red right on top of the black to create the burgundy color..Just a two color print here....these local band guys have no money so it's do it as cheap and easy as possible.

K Chez

Based on the typeface I would be led to believe that this is not a serious metal band, like Gwar....it's too hokey and cartoonish!
Well beyond legible but it's a trend.

Was going to say the same thing-if you can read the logo-it's not metal! lol