• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Teflon Strip

crafty1

All right, total newbie question. I have to change the teflon strip on my cutter. What is the best way to remove the old one and I'm assuming that I need to totally clean the old adhesive off before I put on the new strip, right?

Replicator

just did it yesterday with my CX-300,
but on the GX-24 I'll have to lay down masking tape as a guide
because the strip does not sit down in a channel . . . !

crafty1

It's a graphtec and when I try to yank that puppy off it's not that easy. The teflon separates from the adhesive and leaves it on the machine.

gabagoo

the graphtec we have always seperates from the adhesive, so here is what I have to do. It's a little painful but works well to clean off all the glue. I use one of those l'il chizzler tools and slowly work it along the glue. I also will rub my thumb along the glue as it seems to be the best way to get it off. It sort of rolls the glue up bit by bit Thats where the pain comes in, take your time as you will slowly wear out the skin on your thumb lol. Ouch!!!