• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Teflon

signage

So knocking out teflon pans gets you what? 10 more days of life? 3 more hours? I don't know. But I do know all those things take the years off the end of your life and those are pretty crappy years anyway, so that's fine with me :)

Who knows?

Since the earlier 1900's people are living longer, so maybe it prolongs your time here.:rolleyes::omg::Big Laugh

skyhigh

Well since the first diagnosed case of Alzheimers was by Dr. Alos Alzheimer in 1906 and Teflon was not even invented till 1938 by Roy Plunkett, I don't think Teflon causes Alzheimers disease. (unless the first person in 1906 happened to have a time machine :smile: ) It may bring it out in people if they are already have a genetic disposition to the disease, but we may never know.

I'm not saying that there should be no precautions, who knows..... Teflon may cause a string of other things.

And I know people with lung cancer that never smoked :smile:. Does that mean cigs don't cause cancer? No, but smoking sure does lead the numbers of those with the disease.

I think we are saying the same thing.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
And I know people with lung cancer that never smoked :smile:. Does that mean cigs don't cause cancer? No, but smoking sure does lead the numbers of those with the disease.

There's a difference between statistical inference and necessary and sufficient conditions. Smoking is linked to cancer via the former, the latter has yet to be demonstrated.

Exactly the same for your Teflon boogieman, condemned by, in this case scant, statistical inference while no mechanism has ever been demonstrated.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In the entire history of cancer research, they have only discovered ten things which when force fed to a lab rat in extraordinary quantities DO NOT cause cancer.

signage

In the entire history of cancer research, they have only discovered ten things which when force fed to a lab rat in extraordinary quantities DO NOT cause cancer.

Well enlighten us Fred, what are these ten things:help

Maybe some of these people will only want to ingest them:omg:

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's a difference between statistical inference and necessary and sufficient conditions. Smoking is linked to cancer via the former, the latter has yet to be demonstrated.

Exactly the same for your Teflon boogieman, condemned by, in this case scant, statistical inference while no mechanism has ever been demonstrated.
:goodpost: That's what I was trying to say

jdb

hahaha funny Gino.... click the attachment

Attachments

• dancing3dbaby.gif
    dancing3dbaby.gif
    443.4 KB · Views: 86