• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tell me about ASI....

KARYN BUSH

so I got this email today saying ASI has access to every promotional product in the industry...save $150 by joining today.

Just wondering how many of you guys use this or another. I have never gotten into promotional items before but I certainly have a few accounts that I think I could sell to...just have never tried. Kinda seems like it would be a nice fit....for little work...heehee.

Anyone do this?

i don't really have anything against asi...years ago before selling my shop we were members and i made a profit with their resources. there is also distributor central which used to be free and about 6 yrs ago i used SAGE and was very impressed with what they offered in comparison to asi (but to be fair to asi i had not used them or checked them out for about 6 yrs when i used SAGE) of all the sign shops that i talk with i would estimate that 90% of them that sell promotional products use SAGE...just another option.

and get ready to buy a few BIG filing cabinets all of those promotional product companies send out a ton of catalogs...i haven't been a member of SAGE for 5-6 yrs or asi for 10 and I still get a catalog almost every other day from one promotional product company or another....

Locals Find!

Go with distributorcentral.com they are free. I been doing promotional products on and off for over 10 years. Distributor Central gives you all the tools and access you will ever need for Free.

If your going to go with ASI do so only as a Supplier. ASI charges you for everything and the catalogs are a mess. If you wanna actually search for something than you gotta pay for their ESP program. Sage is pretty much the same way.

KARYN BUSH

thanks I'll check it out. Even if you just do a sale here and there...why leave any $ on the table in this economy.

mofire

We canceled our membership six months ago. They are still charging us every month. I call every month..the next call they are geting is from our attorney.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
If you are just doing a sale here and there get a UPIC for free and +1 for distributor central. ASI is bar far the largest and well worth it if promo products is what you do all day every day.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Talked to ASI once a few years ago. Ever since I get multiple emails a week and calls about once a month from them trying to get us to join up. We use Distributor Central.... I could not imagine getting a catalog from every supplier on there! Bit funky to use the site but it works well.

Farmboy

Unless you have the time and resources to put into and sell promo items I'd save my money. I would agree if you have a dedicated person that handles all the promo and that's all they do you can make money at it.