• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tell me what you think

ForgeInc

Edit #2: Sorry all, I didn't read all the previous posts (shame on me) so much of mine was a bit redundant, just sayin.

deane

The font for Relander is LHF Lakeside regular. I agree that the horse graphic is too small, so I enlarged it and have worked on node editing on that. Here are the changes so far.

Jill, I moved the bar, good catch thanks!

Attachments

• relander quarter horses5.jpg
    relander quarter horses5.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 115

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If that's not the same clip-art horse I've seen used endlessly on banners and other things it's a remarkable copy. You might try for something more original.

Are they selling Relanders or are they selling quarter horses? Give 'Quarter Horses' the same weight as the outfit's name. At least. And do it in a sans serif face that has just a taste of character to it, nothing institutional. The Roman isn't doing it.

deane

Bob, I'm sorry but that horse is as original as it comes. I took a photo of a quarter horse off the internet, brought it into coreldraw, used my wacom tablet to draw the outline of the horse, traced it and then node edited it.

I agree with you on what they are selling. This is mainly for an identification sign, they show horses and really not in the business of selling unless it's at a show.

signmeup

#24... Much better horse! (still too small)
I like the Trajan.

This would make a lovely hand carved sign. You can still pull "Quarter Horses" off and enlarge it below for a sign if they want.
I really like how you dropped the L but you could raise it back up and give more room for the tucked in sub-copy if you really need too.

Jillbeans

Now if the neck line/chest line/whatever it's called on the front of the horse came down just a bit farther in the space between the A and N...
I like the Quarter Horses just where it is because it balances out everything.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Maybe its just me, but it seems like the horse is peeking over the top of a fence. That's why I wanted to see more of the body.

deane

o.k. met with the customer and they love the layout except for the horse. I knew that this was going to be a problem. They gave me a pic of one of their horses and I came up with this.

I also raised up the bottom of the L, lowered the line above the quarter horses and extended it on the other side of the R.

I had to change the flowing mane because their show horses don't have them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• relander quarter horses6.jpg
    relander quarter horses6.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 96

Biker Scout

I like it. Which is saying a lot! :thumb:

You picked a perfect font for this. I've done many horse, cow, pig (livestock) logos in the past, and yeah... those guys are picky about their artwork representation of their animals.

Tim Kingston

When I think of horses I think of freedom and curves ( and muscle ). So I took out the straight line ( fences ) and curved the back etc.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 104

deane

Well, I hate to the bearer of bad news but I had to change the horse. I didn't realize that quarter horses don't raise their heads, so the customer wanted the horse like I drew it.

Let me have it!

Attachments

• relander quarter horses7.jpg
    relander quarter horses7.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 86

k.a.s.

Well that kind of ruins it.......oh well I know how horse people can be.

What if you made the head bigger and showed less neck? It looks really long this way. I love the Relander part though.

Kevin

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Well, I hate to the bearer of bad news but I had to change the horse. I didn't realize that quarter horses don't raise their heads, so the customer wanted the horse like I drew it.

Let me have it!

Perhaps their quarter horses are some strange mutant breed, but my quarter horses, which I would put up against theirs any day of the week, certainly do.

What they mean, or what I gather, is that in the ridiculous horse shows they attend they show what's commonly and derisively known as 'peanut rollers'. Useless horses that couldn't get out of their own way on the best day they every had. Show folk, shudder.