• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tell me what you think

signmeup

They raise peanut rollers! God I hate those. They train the poor beasts to lope along at barely a shuffle with their noses on the ground. So sad. Do they show the studs in their magazine adds with their heads down like that too? I'd be amazed if they did.

I have an Arabian... the opposite of a peanut roller.

deane

You wouldn't believe this but about a month ago they sold a 4 year old gelding that won nationals last year for $400,000. I guess if I had a horse like that they could roll all the peanuts and I wouldn't care.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Something odd looking about the angle of that horse's neck in conjunction as to the bone and muscle structure of a horse's natural body.

I know they can bend from all areas, but yours now looks like he needs a chiropractic adjustment.

Tim Kingston

Well, that blows my theory all to hell. I mean, these are some of the fastest animals known to man, sprinting speed is incredible . . . and I was thinking of getting rid of all the conforming lines and do a brush stroke instead ( similar to an Infinity car commercial, arching over its back , indicating speed . . . but now I'm just feeling depressed.

I mean, no offense to you, but look at the poor thing, confined to a symbolic stable, looks more depressed than I feel. Probably, from eating all those"N" tops. Not much nourishment there . . . :munchie:

PS - I'll be more cheerful tomorrow, promise.:covereyes:

ForgeInc

yeah, that is bad. This one instance where I would fight as hard as I could against what the customer wanted. It looks so bad now.

If they insist not to have neck upright I would show only the head somehow.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You wouldn't believe this but about a month ago they sold a 4 year old gelding that won nationals last year for $400,000. I guess if I had a horse like that they could roll all the peanuts and I wouldn't care.

Anyone who would pay $400K for a gelding is dumber than a two dollar dog.

A stallion? Maybe, depending on what it has done, what it can do, and from whence it came. A mare? A remote possibility roughly the same as the pope converting to Judaism coincident with a full planetary alignment, but possible. But a gelding? Never.

signmeup

It still looks nice... just not as nice as it could. I would take the money and keep quiet. You will never change the mind of a horse show person regarding what they consider the ideal pose of their horse.

saktrnch

Your first horse was better, it just needed to lower his head a little. Having a head set like a goose isn't indicative of the breed.
The last horse does nothing to make one think of Quarter Horses, if that is really a Quarter Horse, then there is a Saddlebred in the wood pile somewhere. He needs to look at you a little more, as Gino said his atlas vertebra is out of whack.

My show Quarter Horse has a mane, and doesn't roll peanuts.

Attachments

• world-show-.jpg
    world-show-.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 102

TheSellOut

Peanut rolled or not, I HATE ALL HORSES! But only because they are some of the most beautiful majestic creatures on Earth and I can't get within ten feet of them without my chest tightening up. I have some deathly allergic reaction to them that I found out about when I was just a wee-lad. I went on a horse and buggy ride at a local fair when I was about 8, I remeber feeling that it was really hard to breath, and when the ride came to an end...I got out and started to pet it's face. Well the next thing I remember I was in the ER getting all kinds of needles stuck in me and my body looked like one big hive...uuuhh, still have nightmares. Anyways, once and a while I test it out to see if I am still allergic but as soo as I get around their dander I start to tighten up and I just don't dare get any closer!

Guess I wouldn't have made a very good cowboy so here's to the invention of the automobile:toasting:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Peanut rolled or not, I HATE ALL HORSES! But only because they are some of the most beautiful majestic creatures on Earth and I can't get within ten feet of them without my chest tightening up. I have some deathly allergic reaction to them that I found out about when I was just a wee-lad. I went on a horse and buggy ride at a local fair when I was about 8, I remeber feeling that it was really hard to breath, and when the ride came to an end...I got out and started to pet it's face. Well the next thing I remember I was in the ER getting all kinds of needles stuck in me and my body looked like one big hive...uuuhh, still have nightmares. Anyways, once and a while I test it out to see if I am still allergic but as soo as I get around their dander I start to tighten up and I just don't dare get any closer!

Guess I wouldn't have made a very good cowboy so here's to the invention of the automobile:toasting:

You probably just had a horse with quite an accumulation of flatulence and you were sitting right behind him. You're not supposed to lift the tail for obvious reasons. That chit can burn your eyes more than a frickin' skunk. I've seen it leave more than hives, too. It's been known to cover people in dark brown cirles and odd shapes and you can't get rid of the stink for a day or two.... without taking a mud bath. :ROFLMAO:

deane

O.K. the decision was made and here is what they decided on. I know all of you have been wondering. They loved the horse and I guess that is all that matters, that the customer is happy. Thanks, to all of you that contributed suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• relander quarter horses9.jpg
    relander quarter horses9.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 109

signmeup

You did a nice job. It's too bad the horse looks like his best friend just died but you made the customer happy and that's what pays the bills.:thumb:

deane

Thanks, I know what you are saying about the horse. It's hard to believe but they were very happy and felt that I captured the horse perfectly. Oh well, I guess it's on to making the sign and getting it installed.

Tim Kingston

Thanks, I know what you are saying about the horse. It's hard to believe but they were very happy and felt that I captured the horse perfectly. Oh well, I guess it's on to making the sign and getting it installed.

Obviously they felt you portrayed their message well and that is the most important thing. Good job, there were a lot of nice elements in your design.