• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

temp Low Low -5???

imagewraps

Can anyone tell me why my printer would display Temp to low -5 when starting it up? My shop is not even close to that temp 20+ degrees all the time. This all started after cleaning my print head.

signs4safety

temp too low? error message

I have an SC 500 which I flushed out completely, installed new printheads, reset head rank data but on startup it tells me temp is too low. The room is at least 25 C so it's not the room. Any help please?

phototec

Can anyone tell me why my printer would display Temp to low -5 when starting it up? My shop is not even close to that temp 20+ degrees all the time. This all started after cleaning my print head.

I don't know what printer you have, I have a Roland SP540V and the "POWER ON" operating temperature specification is 59° to 90° F (68° or more recommended), 30 to 80% humidity.

And "POWER OFF" operating temperature is 41° to 104° F (20 to 80% humidity).

So, I would guess if you room temperature is in the 20's, you printer is telling you IT'S to COLD!

Get a small electric heater and keep it in the room near the printer and keep the area in the 68° F range.

:thumb:

signs4safety

temp too low

Hi , sorry should have mentioned I am in Australia and gave the room temp in ceslius, 25 c would be about 77 F. The printer seems to be having difficulty reading the temp from the printheads. I fiddled with the head data cable and suddenly got a temp reading on one head. Other head still reads only 33 F. Now I'm not sure if the data cable are faulty or the heads which are brand new. I paid US$600 each from a US supplier. I am not sure if they are Roland or a generic head.