Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temperature too low?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by anozira02, Sep 11, 2012.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    After reinstalling main board back from repair, due to shorting cause by head cable. I also installed new head Carriage Board and new head cable, reinstalled print heads with new dampers, now I am getting the message Temperature too low in dialog window. I am not sure how to correct this problem, driving me nutz.. is this fixable?

2. haxomania

haxomania New Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Check head cable on black head!

3. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I installed new head cable and print head on the black side and still getting the Temperature too low error, so I gone into the service menu and managed to do a head cleaning and a scan, after that I pushed print test and just as it was going to lay some ink down on the vinyl it stopped with the error message saying Encoder Error,,Turn of power.

4. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    The thermistor on head 1 is probably damaged. Check the temp via service menu.

5. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I will check out the thermistor on head one tomorrow, to do that do I have to get into Service Mode? I also noticed the the LED does not lights up as well when printer powered up.

6. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Jack, I gone into service menu and the thermistor check sown 0.c and 32.F I did not see anywhere how to change that, also noticed that the LED light on the main board and head board do not come on when I power up..

7. Did you enter the correct head id (head rank)for the new printhead? You mentioned you replaced a repaired main board, chances whoever did the repair removed the battery from the board, perhaps the repaired board is missing some of the parameters (should have uploaded them before removing), and you'll have to manually input the missing parameters. LED light on mainboard and printcarriage board not lighting up could mean a bad servo board, or bad power supply or another component on the Mainboard is bad.

Joey Alonso

GTSTech_1

8. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    GSTech, Thanks for your help! When the printer shorted out it did blown the fuse on the power supply board, guess it could of done some other damage on that board itself. Also when I changed the head I did go into the the service menu and tried to change the left head ranking but it did not let me go back to the first digit to make the change, it started out on the second digit. I may have to have someone to trouble shoot the main board again. MacMedia could not test the main board cause they mostly have newer printers, they did not have a Cj to test it on. By the way,, do you work on these boards by any chance?