Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Template Help

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Kelsey Adams, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Kelsey Adams

Kelsey Adams Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I have a template from SRGFX that I already have my design completed with. How do I go about just being able to print and cut what design I have showing within the clipping mask without having to print the entire design and then having a bunch of scraps? I can only seem to add a contour cut to the entire template, which I don't want.

Attached Files:

2. Rick Tennyson

Rick Tennyson Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Mid-South
    Can you divide the template in the plot/cut screen? In Signlab, you can go to the top or side of the item to be cut ( it’s a blue or green line) you can pick and slide up or sideway, and as many sections you need. You then pick the sections you want to cut. Hope that helps. Good luck

3. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    Don't do it. Not by that template. Those Kart bodies are not all the same. Unless you took exact measurements, and adjusted the template to the exact body that its going on. I do a ton of these.
    Give a little extra and let them trim it. Wasting a bit is better than getting a call that it don't fit, and having to redo the whole thing.
    I always contour cut the top, with the rest squared off, and let them trim it.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    No gettin' around cutting extra. All that should be accounted for in quoting. You charge by the linear foot. Templates are only to be used to give a "rough" proof. More precise measurements before printing are done once the vehicle is on hand. Look for natural breaks and set up print panels accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 1