• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Temporary graphics on escalator handrails...

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Hello members..
I have a special request from customer to produce a temporary graphics to stick on the escalator handrails. I've never do this before and do not know what kind of material to use and who is the suppliers in North America. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Kent.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I think he means like on the actual black rubber handrail itself where people will be grabbing. I want to think I've actually seen one with graphics on it before. If that's the case I don't think a fabric based material will be a good choice as it will really get nasty looking fast and potentially removes "too" easily. Not really sure what to suggest. I'd almost want to go and stick some assorted vinyl to one to see how it adheres and removes and I'd probably also be calling one of the very few manufacturers of escalators to see if they might have any suggestions.

If its just on the flat railings below though the actual hand grab then I'd probably go with Busmark.

Something also to consider is how the belt is driven. Does it go through rollers this could cause issues also. I would hate to have to pay to replace an escalator motor because the a bunch of vinyl got stuck in there.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Thank you everyone for your help..I found out that we can't do it as it is exclusively service from a few authorized company.. You need a special hardware to mount the gtraphic on the rail and wrap it..
BIG EASY DOES IT is right..it need to apply to the moving rubber rail as seen on this image..
attachment.php
Again thank You...

Attachments

• Mcdonald2-MovesRail.jpg
    Mcdonald2-MovesRail.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 130

bigben

The ones I've saw was under the clear protection of the handrail. Like between the black and clear protection. Maybe give a call to the manufacturer of the escalator like OTIS. Maybe they could help you with this.

MikePro

+1 to the issues that could arise from wear/tear of a graphic, especially temporary. rollers constantly rubbing/touching it, after people have most likely picked-at as well, will eventually cause an edge to lift & all sorts of issues may occur.

pretty cool gadget tho! I wonder if they make one for tow-ropes on skihills :)