• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

temporary race numbers

jdoug5170

We do club racing car numbers. A number of the racers belong to multiple clubs and have number variations. Example would be that in one club they might run 392, in another 39 and then in another 92. Our thought is we would like to offer a reusable plate that would go over the to be hidden number.

What material would you recommend? We are currently thinking PhotoTex. We have a SP300 so print and cut material is best so that we don't have to carry a rainbow of colors.

Second question. Most of the racers install their own numbers. We currently print, laminate and cut and deliver. Would it be best to mask for ease of application. Seems like once laminated the numbers are pretty substantial and we certainly have no problems when we are doing the application.

Thank you
Doug

cajun312

I use PhotoTex for those, but they will blow off at 130mph sometimes. I've been laminating them because if they get wet the ink will run, I use a SP 300V also.

If you leave the background white, the PhotoTex is translucent enough that the car color will show through a bit.

WestcoastSigns

I use PhotoTex for those, but they will blow off at 130mph sometimes. I've been laminating them because if they get wet the ink will run, I use a SP 300V also.

Wondering how it looks after laminating. Isn't there a texture to phototex that interferes with smoothness?

Stuckup

Maybe try a 1/2 inch Sealer Clear vinyl tape on leading edges to stop The Decal blowing off at 130MPH. If the client wants to have a re-usable Number, give it to them, save them money they will not go elsewhere.