• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

temporary swimming pool graphic?

ForgeInc

Got asked if we could do some graphics on the bottom of a pool that would last for approx a week or so. Am thinking a super aggressive sidewalk vinyl or similar might work, (obviously applying/removing when empty) but am concerned that it might damage the surface of the pool upon removal.

Has anyone else tackled a similar request?

John Butto

It depends on the finish of the pool, marcite (smooth plaster like) is what most pools have and if it is old you might have chunks coming up when removing. The other finish is diamondbrite (brand name) and that is a course but longer lasting finish. If it is a small piece, just cut some thin acrylic and attach and put on bottom, won't have to drain and refill pool.

MikePro

granted, I've no experience with this, but if I were to give it a go... low tack polycarb for sure. a more rigid material should help keep it flat on the bottom even tho' the chlorine may attack the adhesive around the edges. and you'll definitely be able to remove w/o worry of damage.

edited: holy cow, next post has it right... i'd go with that

Got the perfect product for you. It is a new product so I haven't actually used it yet. Aquaflex by Ultraflex.

John Butto

In my experience, a leaf, which is thin and lightweight, will stay on the bottom of the pool longer that a week. So the acrylic, not pvc, that floats, is your best bet, and if you want it to stay put, attach a lead weight or two.

TheLairdGuy

I'll give a +1 to the aquaflex. I haven't personally had a customer use it, but some of my co-workers in other offices have and it's gotten good feedback.

If you go the acrylic route, you might want to think about a thin piece of polycarbonate too. It's unlikely that a piece of plastic at the bottom of a pool would shatter, but at least if you use polycarbonatae you avoid any kind of impact related problem (which could cause your customer to have to drain a pool. Costly and frustrating).

iprint

Just an update, I was quoted $2.15/sqft for the Aquaflex. Pricey, but could still be profitable in the right market.