Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temporary Wall Wrap

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by fresh, Apr 12, 2019.

1. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    What would you use to wrap a temporary construction wall made of plywood? The wood is unpainted, but the client is willing to paint if necessary.

I'm leaning toward something like GF Concept 201-OAPAE or Avery 2923 Easy Apply. I know the wall needs to be painted to use the 2923, but the other might work on unpainted and I'm waiting to hear back from GF.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    13oz vinyl banner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    They requested a wall wrap, not a banner. But I will give them that as an option, thanks for the idea.

4. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I can understand wanting to wrap, but it's plywood. Do a seamless banner and it'll look just as good as a wrap and probably be half the price and no paint. You don't have to worry if it'll stick or last. Won't show the plywood texture. Some times you gotta lead the customer to what they need and not what they want.

We did the first sign out of ACM like 5 years ago and then wrapped it in banner. Turned out way better than trying to cover up the old panels.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    That looks excellent and I agree. I gave my client the prices and he's not interested. IDK, he actually wants to wheat-paste a 350sqft graphic on the wall, so I guess he's not necessarily searching for a clean look.

6. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    GF 223 is great stuff and easy to install.

7. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Adhesive vinyl will fall off. Unless you prime, sand, paint at least two coats of gloss finish enamel, it will fall off when the wood gets wet a few times.