• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Temporary Wrap over a Wrap

acothran

I have a client that needs a short-term temporary wrap installed on his already wrapped food truck (IJ180cV3/8518). The short-term wrap is for a television event and will only be on the truck for about a week. I told him he's better off to have his current wrap removed, the temporary wrap installed, temporary wrap removed, and then his wrap reinstalled. I just thought I would get other opinions hopefully from someone who has had the same situation, just in case there is an option I'm missing.

Thanks,
Allen

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm with prowraps,
I wouldn't want to be the guy who says he can re-install the original wrap....

wayne k
guam usa

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep - right over the top of the existing but use BusMark or and equivalent easy to remove short term vinyl. We do a lot of transit stuff so I'm partial to BusMark myself. Stuff is cheap, farily easy to work with and a dream to remove.

Last edited:

acothran

I'm with prowraps,
I wouldn't want to be the guy who says he can re-install the original wrap....

wayne k
guam usa

Let me clarify, we would be re-installing the original design. We designed, printed, and installed the original wrap so I have the files ready to go. It would be a breeze.

Allen

Haakon

And just a thousand or two $ extra for the customer in order to have a week's temporary install done the way you proposed? Or are you eating the cost yourself?

MikePro

Can't just do a partial that covers certain elements?
Also noted that magnets still work over an existing wrap

ddarlak

Go Bills!
wrap over the current one, tell the customer that you will do your best not to wreck the original wrap. if you can remove it successfully you get a happy customer, if not you get more cash....

Border

wrap over the current one, tell the customer that you will do your best not to wreck the original wrap. if you can remove it successfully you get a happy customer, if not you get more cash....

This, and put it in writing with customer's signature so your butt is covered in case their is damage to the original wrap.

acothran

why don't they rent a car for a week that you can wrap?

This is a food truck. There is a television taping of a competition between two chefs and they will be cooking in a food truck. Don't know of a company that has fully stocked food trucks for rent.

Allen

CanuckSigns

This is a food truck. There is a television taping of a competition between two chefs and they will be cooking in a food truck. Don't know of a company that has fully stocked food trucks for rent.

Allen

Sorry missed that part.

I would install overtop with something like phototex, food trucks are pretty much square anyways.