• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test draw problem

mustafade

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I just bought a JV33 130and after I got my first test print draw is done I quickly noticed magenta is not printing at all but all the other colors printing just perfect.

My question is;

How could I get this color start printing, I am assuming the nozzles are not firing therefore it is not printing.
If someone could please give me some quick tips I would really appreciate.

Just to let you all know what I did so far;

I used the/ cleaning/hard. I did this twice that is it.

which of the cleaning procedures I should do next?

Thanks,

Demir Demirhisar

artbot

okay, you are already kinda messing up your machine. first off. "hard clean" is a last resort. i've done one hard clean in about 10 years. do some searches on "head soak" in this forum.

was the machine "custody washed" when picking it up?

if not, most likely you've got a dried out head and will have be either up for hours of cleaning to be left with a few lines missing or replacing the head all together.

MixMaker

I had this happen with just Cyan, then as I was trying to fix the problem I left for the night leaving the carriage out...came back the next day and ALL the heads were gone.

The solution is to do a discharge and wash...at least it was for me.

You'll need a full set of cleaning solution cartridges. So if you have an 8 color ink station you'll need all 8 solution cartridges.

Discharge and wash is under the HD.MAINTENANCE in the menu, select discharge and wash and it'll tell you to remove ink, then insert cleaning solution, then remove cleaning solution, then insert cleaning solution again. Then you'll be good to fill the inkset again.

Hope this helps you!

Letterbox Mike

Magenta likes to dry up the quickest on our JV33. Do a couple 99 minute custody washes, that should clear it up. You can also set it to do a custody wash and then power down the machine and leave it sit for a few hours or even overnight, then power it back up and it'll finish the custody wash.

If that doesn't get ink flowing any better, I'd suspect you have issues in the ink delivery system, either the lines or more than likely the dampers. Replace them and then see what happens.

mustafade

Magenta likes to dry up the quickest on our JV33. Do a couple 99 minute custody washes, that should clear it up. You can also set it to do a custody wash and then power down the machine and leave it sit for a few hours or even overnight, then power it back up and it'll finish the custody wash.

If that doesn't get ink flowing any better, I'd suspect you have issues in the ink delivery system, either the lines or more than likely the dampers. Replace them and then see what happens.
Hi Insignia,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have more questions if I may please.

In order to do a custody wash, what are some of the items or fluids I would need? As I mentioned this particular printer is new to me and it is very different than my Epson 9600.
After the custody wash if Magenta still doesn't fire and I need to change the dampers or even the Magenta line. Is this something I can do? I know this is next step of what I need to do but just trying to be proactive.

Thanks again,

Demir Demirhisar

Letterbox Mike

You shouldn't need anything else, there is a cleaning cartridge that's installed in the back of the JV33 on the control panel end. Just go through the menu to the custody wash, it'll let you fill the capping station with fluid from that cartridge (there's a little tube that runs from it down to the capping station). I can't remember the exact route through the menu to get to the custody wash but it's pretty easy, it's under the maintenance menu.

Changing dampers isn't necessarily hard, but you can damage the head pretty easily if you're not careful. If you're really new to working on them, I'd pay a technician to come out and do it and to show you how to do it to be safe. It's cheap insurance vs. damaging the head trying to do it yourself. For that matter, it might not be a bad idea to have a technician give the whole printer a once over and run any calibrations to get it up to spec.

MixMaker

Yes I tried the custody wash when mine wasn't firing with no success.

Custody wash is under the "ST.MAINTENANCE" menu. After selecting it and cleaning the wiper you can either fill the resevoir with solvent yourself with a dropper or hit function and it will dispense from the cartridge in the back.

If you haven't already I'd suggest you take the magnet off the front panel and stick it on the machine so you can lift the panel and see the station with the panel open.

mustafade

You shouldn't need anything else, there is a cleaning cartridge that's installed in the back of the JV33 on the control panel end. Just go through the menu to the custody wash, it'll let you fill the capping station with fluid from that cartridge (there's a little tube that runs from it down to the capping station). I can't remember the exact route through the menu to get to the custody wash but it's pretty easy, it's under the maintenance menu.

Changing dampers isn't necessarily hard, but you can damage the head pretty easily if you're not careful. If you're really new to working on them, I'd pay a technician to come out and do it and to show you how to do it to be safe. It's cheap insurance vs. damaging the head trying to do it yourself. For that matter, it might not be a bad idea to have a technician give the whole printer a once over and run any calibrations to get it up to spec.
OK! :)
I have another question.
I do not have any cleaning solution on hand to wipe the wiper blade when it asks me to do so. Is there something else I can use instead? Like windex? Please Don't laugh! :)

housemusikid

I would NOT use windex. I use 3M's CGS-80 as a cleaner. What do you do daily cleaning with in your place?

Have you tried an ink fill up on that specific head?

mustafade

I would NOT use windex. I use 3M's CGS-80 as a cleaner. What do you do daily cleaning with in your place?

Have you tried an ink fill up on that specific head?
I bought this printer used from a guy and installed it yesterday. He wasn't the one who was using it therefore it really didn't come with any consumables.
I am trying to get it up and running yet.
Thanks for your 3M suggestion thou..

mustafade

okay, you are already kinda messing up your machine. first off. "hard clean" is a last resort. i've done one hard clean in about 10 years. do some searches on "head soak" in this forum.

was the machine "custody washed" when picking it up?

if not, most likely you've got a dried out head and will have be either up for hours of cleaning to be left with a few lines missing or replacing the head all together.

Hello,

I always believed and valued the power of information.

There is technicality and commonality when we are dealing with a piece of electronic device.

The reason I have done a HARD clean because there is nothing in the book saying(technicality) or warning about this procedure.

After I read your post(commonality), I kind a got scared and didn't do it again but I really got curios.

Would you mind explaining what happens during hard cleaning vs normal.
I like to know how it works.

One of the other members suggested that I should do several CUSTODY WASH which I did once and I did several bunch of HEAD WASH procedure, it really solved the problem now it prints like a champ.

I really could not believe the improvement my self when I was buying the JV33. I was buying it with an intention of possibly replacing the head because machine was unpluged without flushing the system and taking out of service about a month or so.

I am quite happy!

Thanks for everyone s input.

Demir

mustafade

:U Rock:

It worked like a charm.

:thankyou:

artbot

man i don't know what that hard clean does. i just know that i've heard it's the equivilant of many many head cleanings. ages the head several months in just minutes (that's what i've heard) so don't quote "me" on that.