• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

test draw

Rollin Royce

I have a Mimaki Jv 33 160 and when printing a test strip, it places all the colors down correctly but then adds another partial fill of Magenta over the existing Cyan. One technician said it is a mix of ink, so contamination is the problem. But when looking very closely at the printed test stripe it is not mixed, it is to separate inks both placed in the same location. The color Magenta is not in the correct location. New print head, so what is the problem? Could it be electrical? Or software? Any advise is helpful.
Rollin Royce

Rollin Royce

Hi
I think I have added the file picture.
Thanks Kendall

Attachments

• IMGP5326.jpg
    IMGP5326.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 153

jfiscus

Rap Master
sounds like electrical.
possibly the ribbon cable or slider board.
All the other test prints are confusing me, can you do another print and have only it in the picture and take a better photo?

Why was the head replaced?

WalkerP

Contamination? Really...?

Weird one for me, but I do agree it's electrical. It looks like it's just printing that head's pattern skewed off to the side.
Are your prints OK, and the misfiring/misplacement is only in the nozzle check?

Could you possibly have re-installed the ribbon cables when changing the heads in the wrong head/board slots?