• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test pattern weird after change heads and fuse on XC540

levien

Somebody knows what do to?

After replacing 3 heads, a fuse (black/yellow) was blown...yeah...i know... forgot the power switch.
Replaced the fuse and yellow came back alright, but black gives stripes like it continous with spraying after it begins.....
When I print more left on the media the black keep printing the stripes when its returning to base position.

Transistors on main head are ok.
Changing back old head gives no change

I have no service manual so i can't go any further.

Has anybody an idea?

Regards Levien de Nooijer

Attachments

• 20140314_030827.jpg
    20140314_030827.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 125

Kylend Butler

Somebody knows what do to?

After replacing 3 heads, a fuse (black/yellow) was blown...yeah...i know... forgot the power switch.
Replaced the fuse and yellow came back alright, but black gives stripes like it continous with spraying after it begins.....
When I print more left on the media the black keep printing the stripes when its returning to base position.

Transistors on main head are ok.
Changing back old head gives no change

I have no service manual so i can't go any further.

Has anybody an idea?

Regards Levien de Nooijer

You can enter service mode if know the pattern to enter service mode on this model and try a factory reset and clear all error codes. You could have damaged the color board that the print heads plugs into, thats not too expensive to change on most models. I know a guy in china that you can get a pdf of your service manual between $25-$45 for it then you could look at the trouble shooting area to help you

levien

Still same problem

Have schematic now so that is much easier.

Color board?
The heads are attached with flat cables to a print carriage board and from their with long flat cables to the head board.
I replaced the short flat cables but no change.
I replaced the transistors on the main head board of the black heads: no change
I will try a factory reset and will reply....: just did: no change

Ignis

Have schematic now so that is much easier.

Color board?
The heads are attached with flat cables to a print carriage board and from their with long flat cables to the head board.
I replaced the short flat cables but no change.
I replaced the transistors on the main head board of the black heads: no change
I will try a factory reset and will reply....: just did: no change

And how did you resolve this problem? I have same issues.
I think that problem is in flat head cable.

Tyler Durden

Could be a transistor,
We changed heads and blew fuse then had a bad transistor, like a can of worms. You need a multimeter to test them, if you can solder then you can fix it.

heyskull

Fuses are not only a protection for items they are a marker to say their is a fault somewhere.
I learnt this the first day of being an apprentice electrician.
Mind you the amount of faults I have repaired since with just replacing a fuse even after the person whose item it is had already changed the fuse has gotten out of hand.
I reckon maybe a head cable or even a head has gone faulty.
I would change at least the head cable before turning on again.

SC

levien

update...

Just replaced the print carriage board for somewhat different layout but same connectors.
Blew instantly middel fuse + transistors of black head.
Placed back old board...replaced defect transistors.
Testing:
They print only just the half of each head. (exept one head which is ok)
Changing cables from good one to the one who prints half: still prints half....so...i think i have to order new heads.
Bad luck....poor me.
Black problem still remains....
Maybe i order complete main head board....plus 4 heads....$$$

i keep you all posted...

levien

yep...

I did...plzzz...i know.
New heads allready ordered....

But same issue with continously printing of one side of black head still remains.
Allready changed transistors (on cooling plate).
Changed also the 2 D/A converter chips....no change...
Pfff...keep you posted....

redprint

Have the same issue.

I had a head replaced and the same thing happened. I would get lines printing when using the targets for cutting. Everytime you have the targets on to print, these horizontal lines print at the end and beginning of the job. Also when you do a bi directional print, it will print horizontal black lines. I contacted Roland dozens of times and they just spaced me off. Pretty sure they don't care. All of a sudden it quit doing it, and I don't know why. I think it had to do with me changing my router/firewall box. I don't know of any other explanation. I do believe it has something to do with software. I wanted to reinstall the firmware on the XC540EX but Roland would never tell me how to do it. There was no way that I could, since I use Wasatch RIP. Versaworks may of let me, but I am not sure, since I didn't have it. Roland can't figure out anything unless it is in their book they read out of. Versaworks is a very frustrating rip, got it on a new printer, and not going to use it anymore.

levien

In our case , it doen't matter what we print....the wide bands of spraying continous black ink of one side of the black head still appears after we send , no matter what, to the printer.
In the picture you see this happening after sending a test pattern.

levien

Problem solved

Problem with the black stripes is solved: new main head board !

Thank you all for reply's

regards Levien:signs101: