• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Test Print Deflections For No Reason...?

player

I had major issues with my printer and thanks to advice here I changed the 3 long ribbon cables and that fixed the issue. But now I have a new issue happening. The machine was printing perfectly for a few days. (I did not print much with it, but the test prints were perfect.) Then the magenta showed a really deflected bar on the test print. So I soaked and cleaned it, and then it got worse. It went to 5 deflected bars. I changed the wipers, cleaned the scraper, and did another head soak. I have also changed the caps. The magenta head came back quite a bit, but there are still some deflections. But now the black is getting deflections. It was perfect, then for no reason (I know of) it is getting deflections and it looks like maybe 10 of them. I am soaking, and doing medium cleans, but it is not helping.

What is going on? What can cause this, and more important how do I stop this and reverse it?

I will post some pictures soon, although they will just be test prints with deflections...

Last edited:

player

This is the current test print. The black doesn't look too bad up close but there are a number of deflections starting. It was perfect this morning. The cyan has had that one missing bar for some time, the rest of it looks fine. The magenta has recovered a few deflections but still has some. Yellow looks good under a blue light.

Attachments

• Deflection 1.jpg
    Deflection 1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 88