• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test print dragging Roland SP300v

MrkGxd

Hi, I have an Roland SP300v that has been nothing but a pleasure to own.
I'm currently having issues with my Cyan & Black head with test prints it seems to drag ink across the media.

My printer was printing fine prior to me replacing my ink dampers.

I replaced my Cyan and Black head thinking that's what was causing the issue and the new head I just installed is doing the same thing.

I can't seem to find anything similar to this issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2851.jpg IMG_2850.jpg

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
If it is doing the "exact" same thing on both the old and new printheads, then you most likely have a bad ribbon cable. Power down, unplug, then remove the ribbon cables and examine the traces for any damage.They are not very expensive, so I would suggest you replace both of them.

Regards,
Jim Hancock

MrkGxd

If it is doing the "exact" same thing on both the old and new printheads, then you most likely have a bad ribbon cable. Power down, unplug, then remove the ribbon cables and examine the traces for any damage.They are not very expensive, so I would suggest you replace both of them.

Regards,
Jim Hancock

Just ordered some I'll give that a try, & report back.

Thanks for the speedy response and advice.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Did you drip ink on the cables or the head? Agree with MrkGxd order cables.

MrkGxd

New cables & its still printing the same,

So far I've replaced the Black/Cyan head
The ribbons that go from the heads to the print carriage board
I've also installed new dampers

Yellow/Magenta head works as it should just the Black/Cyan head keeps dragging across media.

Note* The original Black/Cyan head was also dragging across the media which is why I purchased a new one.

Very strange I've been searching for weeks and haven't found anyone with a similar problem.

Last edited:

Jim Hill

When you place the printer in the cleaning mode and the print heads move to the far left side of the printer and you have removed the maintenance cover have you looked at heads and the plastic parts around the head to make sure a small piece of dust hair is not dragging over your prints.

You have to look really close to see this it is something I check all the time when I see ink on my printing and it's very easy to over look this problem.
If you have already tried this please ignore this message.
Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That is definitely an electrical issue. Did you change the cable with the new head? If not, it may be damaged or have ink.corrosion on it. That pattern is an electrical short for sure. Could also be main board damage but it's almost always the cable or print head having an issue.