• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test print from PM CMYK/RG...Purple!

Allied Digital

I have been having alot of color issues for the past two weeks - My latest issues is blue printing purple.
Mutoh VJ1204, Flexi 8.1v1

Does someone have some color knowledge that can help me out here?
I am considering putting the printer out on the street...
then I will just get a job!!!

stickygraphics12

If your printing straight out of flexi's rip, that is most likely your problem. Print a cmyk chart out to see what color you need to match the blue. I design in flexi but won't use the rip bc of the color is never right

Baz

What does your printer's test prints look like ... Any contamination in the colors? If not then it is from your pc. Like stickygraphics said .. Try printing some color charts and match up your color form there. That would be the quick fix.

Carl Crabtree

If your getting purple in cmyk you have too much magenta in your mix. I use signlab and a nice dark blue is c-100 m-75 y-0 k-30, but your rip & calibration files will differ from mine. You need to download a cmyk & rgb chart to print out. Then you can mix the colors to what you need. If you can't find the charts PM me and I'll send you some on Monday.

Allied Digital

thanks - all

I have always the same - color pantone pallette from the color library and just out of the blue (ha, or should I say "out of the purple) comes a whole bunch of color issues that were there just from one print to the next

In Flexi - if you right click on a color in the color table (at the bottom) and then click on the top selection (cant remember...) the one window that shows percentages of CMYK my blue (using Corel table) is set at 100/100/0/0

Another odd thing - in the default colors (basic color table that has the gradients and patterns in it,. All show up as RGB when I open the color specs. When changing the mode to cmyk I get really strange rusults. All I know is that something is really screwed up! I am completely worn out by the whole thing.

My "conspiracy theory" mentality tells me that phenomenon like this must be written into the new firmware that they always say you should update shortly after the purchase - (when everything was working fine!)

I will probe around some more. Thank you for your input. If you have any other brainstorms, let me know.
Thanks again.

Allied Digital

If you do put the printer on the street, let me know...I'll be right by... :)
HA - I have a five year plan, actually ...the first four years is putting my kids through college, the fifth year is the cosmetic surgury I need from growing old and haggard from this sign work - then I put the whole thing up for sale!

Steve Rife

In a perfect world... 100% Cyan and 100% Magenta should get you Blue just like 100% Magenta and 100% Yellow should get you Red... however, these inks are not perfect and pure (hence the reason why we have the Black (K) cartridge). In the Samples>PostScript folder of your installed Flexi directory there is a file called CMYK colors.eps... import the file into your Flexi design software and print it using your normal production workflow. It will determine the right combination of inks to gain the results you need for your job using your setup and printer.