• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

test print-lines missing in same spots on each head?

Sherry2006

This has been a problem for a while now with my SP300. Was hoping lots of cleanings would make it go away, but thats not the case. Test prints shows ink dropping out in probably 8 or 10 lines off each head in the same spots. I would understand if it were one head only, but the fact that it's both kind of baffles me... (the red in the yellow and blue in the black is "typical" on this machine until one or two cleanings, then it usually goes away). I've just soaked the heads for about 40 minutes, cleaned everything, have recently replaced dampers, one manifold, wipers, but nothing seems to change the output. I can still do prints, but it's obviously not as good of quality that it should be. Any ideas? Im thinking maybe both heads have to be replaced (something I really don't want to do, lol). Are these just "dead" spots or clogs in the heads? if so, is it possible to get them to work again? Thanks guys, this site has been such a help so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 101

sfr table hockey

If you are getting mixed color in your test print for the first bit until a cleaning then the captop filters might be raised up and touching the head and causing a syphon thus drawing another color into the head. This will go away with a cleaning but if it gets bad enough it can lead to a syphon of your ink into the drain bottle.
So as was said replace captops.

Also if you missing an area across the heads it may have been a head strike and whatever scraped the head (if that was what happened) would most likely scrape across all the heads in a similar place.

If the head is damaged then I don't think there is any way to fix. If the head is blocked you can try to take a cleaning swab with claning fluid and push up against the the head with the swab in the area of the head with dropout. Do not rub as that can damage the head. If you just push up under the head you can force cleaning solution into the head and sometimes unblock jets.

artbot

get a visual on the bottom of your heads, flashlight...mirror etc. and report back what you see. it doesn't look good. most likely a really bad head strike. hope not.

Sherry2006

Attached are the best pics I could get.... I never realized exactly how dirty it is around those heads... :covereyes: Lately i've noticed once in a while the red/yellow head will pool up in small droplets (like you see in the picture) and drip. Once I cleaned it, it would go away. Never thought much of it till now. I've never replaced the heads in the 41/2 years i've been at this company, so maybe it's time. Should I try replacing the captops first to see if they're the problem, or do you guys think its the heads only? Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 66

ddarlak

Go Bills!
(the red in the yellow and blue in the black is "typical" on this machine until one or two cleanings, then it usually goes away).

there is nothing typical about it. your machine needs to be looked after better and it will perform better.

Sherry2006

I agree with you 100%, thats why I put "typical" it in quotations. Managment would rather see it dealt with by doing a cleaning or two rather than shipping over a tech who is about 4 hours away for $100/hr plus parts. I am not in charge of the companys money, so I just do the best I can with what I have. In a perfect world I would have more income and a tech living across the street, or become one myself, lol.

signage

Replace the cap tops and clean around the heads good, also make sure the pump is drawing fluid from the cap tops.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
didn't know you weren't the owner.

sit there and collect a pay check. tell your boss the machine needs to be fixed....

InkjetAuction

Print heads are damaged

Looks like the captops need replacing... badly.

More importantly it appears (from the photo) that both heads are damaged (scraped) in the same spot. That is the big chunk of the dropout that you are seeing. This is probably not reversible.

I would suspect that you will need to replace the heads. Before you do that, you should think about how the damage got there in the first place. Did you hot media clamps? Something else? You'd hate to replace heads and have the same thing happen...

~E

Sherry2006

yea I had a "head hit" a while back when some vinyl bunched up in the machine. was hoping it didn't damage anything, but I guess I was wrong. Captops have never been replaced since i've been here... bad question and I know im going to get razzed for this, but what are "good" captops suppose to look like? Just cleaner, or is the ink only suppose to be visible in the 3 "pores"? lol Thanks!

inkmed

if you sure the printer head was clear, may you need change the data cable.
some times, the bad cables can not transfer the full information. good luck

Adam from Inkmed